• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • drykilned
    Bloodstained
    • Mar 2018

feed issue on new build

Just finished my 6.5 grendel upper. All shells drop right in, bolt slams forward, locking in place. Take magazine loaded with same shells and try to charge. Shells go into chamber but stop short about 1/4 to 1/2" shy of locking in. Difficult to eject with charge handle, yet same shells showed no problem when loaded into chamber without magazine. H E L P!

NEWBIE TO GRENDEL BUT NOT TO AR. PREVIOUSLY BUILT 5.56 WORKS LIKE A CHARM. SAME LOWER ON BOTH.

18' STAINLESS HBAR FROM AMERICAN CLASSIC (BEAR CREEK ARSENAL), BROWNELLS BCG 1.36, ANDERSON UPPER RECEIVER AND LOWER, M4 RAMPS, C PRODUCT DEFENSE 10RD 6.5 GRENDEL MAGAZINE.
    Last edited by drykilned; 04-08-2018, 04:38 PM. Reason: ADD PARTS USED
  • drykilned
    Bloodstained
    • Mar 2018

Added: Just tried same shells with 5.56 mag. Shells loaded, locked into battery but still difficult to eject with charge handle. EASY TO EJECT WITH CHARGE HANDLE WHEN LOADED BY HAND.!!!???

Comment

• drykilned
      Bloodstained
      • Mar 2018

After going back through this forum and reviewing several videos I used the dremel tool to give more side clearance at the front of the magazine and then
      bent the holdown lips on either side upwards slightly. problem solved. wrote a review on the magazine for Cheaper than Dirt.

Comment

• VASCAR2
        Chieftain
        • Mar 2011

I would suggest you round the edge of the ejector. Most ejector pins have a sharp edge which inhibits the brass from sesting on the breach face. Look for marks on your brass from the extractor. The extractors can really bite the rim of the case. Some rifles work better with the O ring removed from the extractor spring.

TECH TIP by Robert Whitley, AR-X Enterprises LLC Over the years, while working with various AR-15 cartridges that require a larger bolt-face bolt (i.e. bigger than a 5.56 NATO/.223 Rem bolt-face, like those cartridges that use a 6.8 SPC bolt or the bolt face suitable for the 6.

This is a good thread might help to read it.

I just built my first Grendel. I chamber a piece of new never fired but full length resized Hornady brass and after ejecting it I can see two very distinct cuts in the rim of the case. My build has a BCA Grendel II barrel and a BCA Grendel II bolt carrier group. Is this common with Grendel's? The brass isn't ruined but I have
        Last edited by VASCAR2; 04-08-2018, 08:21 PM.

Comment

Working...
        X