• aephilli822
    Bloodstained
    • Jun 2016

BSF 18" 6.5 barrel on sale at Rainier?

Anybody use one yet? Why so cheap?
  • VASCAR2
    Chieftain
    • Mar 2011

All the reports I’ve read have been very positive. Here is a link to member who just recently used BSF 6.5 Grendel barrel.

I took the gun out today and dumped the first mags through. Quite frankly, I couldn't be happier with the results. The gun, once I tuned the gas system and rezeroed my optic, shot to my expectation and then some. The barrel is worth it, my muzzle break heated up quicker than the front end of the barrel. Periodically after

Comment

• StoneHendge
      Chieftain
      • May 2016

Because they are not garbage.
      Last edited by StoneHendge; 06-29-2018, 01:26 PM.
      Let's go Brandon!

Comment

• aephilli822
        Bloodstained
        • Jun 2016

Originally posted by VASCAR2 View Post
        All the reports I’ve read have been very positive. Here is a link to member who just recently used BSF 6.5 Grendel barrel.

http://www.65grendel.com/forum/showt...rt-First-Shots
        That's the thread that convinced me to take the risk, we'll see when it gets here (plus whatever time it takes to get to the range.)
        I've got one of the Sarco cheapo barrels that is now on my DPMS lopro (heavy walled) upper, and the BSF should be a better use of the stiff upper.

Looking for other (good) reviews to read while waiting.

Comment

• aephilli822
          Bloodstained
          • Jun 2016

Originally posted by StoneHendge View Post
          My BSF 18" 223 barrel is worthy of being mounted on the head of one of Dr. Evil's sharks.

It appears that BSF is moving to a 0.875 profile and the one's Rainier has are a 0.936 bull profile. Pure speculation on my behalf, but my thinking is that this is akin to a close out with the profile change.
          also encouraging, not "we've had a problem with the design"

Comment

• StoneHendge
            Chieftain
            • May 2016

Originally posted by aephilli822 View Post
            also encouraging, not "we've had a problem with the design"
            The bull profile does make it a little difficult to get an adjustable gas block that will fit under many of the lightweight handguards out there. Again, pure speculation. I did a CF handguard and adjustable carrier, so it wasn't an issue for me.
            Let's go Brandon!

Comment

• aephilli822
              Bloodstained
              • Jun 2016

Originally posted by StoneHendge View Post
              The bull profile does make it a little difficult to get an adjustable gas block that will fit under many of the lightweight handguards out there. Again, pure speculation. I did a CF handguard and adjustable carrier, so it wasn't an issue for me.
              I don't have to have the gas block hidden, and if I decide I do, I'll WECSOG it to work somehow. But I can see where that might be a problem for the retailer.
              I'm hoping the dampened barrel and stiff receiver will combine to be an accurate setup. (seemed kind of a waste to have a 50$ barrel on a good upper)
              Thanks for the info.
              Last edited by aephilli822; 06-11-2018, 08:10 PM.

Comment

• StoneHendge
                Chieftain
                • May 2016

Well, it looks like you made the right move - they raised the price to $499 on the 5 they have left. I wonder if a button monkey had put in the wrong price.......
                Let's go Brandon!

Comment

• aephilli822
                  Bloodstained
                  • Jun 2016

Glad it was on sale, if i had paid 500 bux, i'd be a little miffed at the large burr on the inside of the gas port.
                  very nice looking barrel, can't believe they missed that.
                  sorry i didn't think to try to get a pic

Comment

• fixin
                    Warrior
                    • Apr 2018

Hi, guy who drop the post here LOL. I have not had any issues with my 20in as far as shooting. The construction and QC of the barrel is definitely on par with any other high end manufacturers. I also have yet to find any ammo that the barrel shoots bad, everything I have ran through it has done at least 2in or better at 100 yards. I have yet to shoot the american eagle 120s and any of the wolf(I have yet to even see the wolf available). Now I have also gotten fairly busy these last few weeks, so I don't expect to be able to get to the range until after July 4th. Hopefully this gives me time to track down some more ammo locally. My BSF also gave me an extra benefit of balancing out my gun and shifting most of the weight to the receiver area almost right where I mounted my optic. This has been quite nice for my end of things because I consider myself to be on the smaller end of the "average man" spectrum . My ONLY problem I had was the profile of the barrel not fitting my original handguard and having to drop an additional pile of money to purchase a larger inside diameter one. Other than that I have been quite happy with it, and I paid full price on it and ordered direct from BSF as well.
                    to procrastinate... tomorrow!!

Comment

Working...
                    X