• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • StoneHendge
    Chieftain
    • May 2016

264 LBC Pistol Build

Its hot out. 92 degrees. At 7800 ft ASL. My office work is done. I have to pressure test my beloved Ford 6.0. Hopefully its a standpipe and not the 2 year old high pressure oil pump. But I can't bear to pop the hood and look at that monstrosity in this heat - with the near solstice sun beating down on the back of my neck through an atmosphere that's only 80% as dense as many of yours.

So time for a build thread!

This actually started back in December. Picked up the last 12.5" 264 LBC BHW off of True Sporting Arms for 50% off knowing it would be a long term project. Spring came and a forum member was looking for a pistol barrel. I said what the heck, i may never get to this and offered to sell it along with a group buy bolt (its a Type 2 chamber) for a pretty good deal. He didn't buy it. But then a couple of weeks later he said he had a friend that was interested. We came to a deal. After trading phone calls, we were finally able to connect when i had the ability to take CC info. And he asked the bolt included pins. I said its a bolt. He decided he needed to do some research and came back in a couple of days offering $10 less because he needed to buy pins. I didn't even respond. StoneHendge is no Middle Eastern Bazaar. He doesn't nickel and dime people and he doesn't like to get nickeled and dimed. So the barrel went back into the pending bin. With Snowflake the 6mm Grendel blowing up on me twice, salvaged parts have enabled me to fast track. Primary Arms loves to start their sales early, so the $35 Shockwave Blade got me rolling. JoeBob had the rest of the parts and a good deal on the upper receiver, so I'll be up to at least 10 JoeBob T-shirts by early next week! Hopefully with it being near Independence Day, its one of the American Flag themed ones they sent me a couple of years ago.

All my guns have names and they usually just come to me. This one was easy. Don't take it personally if your out there reading this - you just unfortunately tried to nickel and dime the wrong person.

Introducing Joe:

12.5" BHW 264 LBC barrel; light contour; Type 2 bolt headspace; 1:8 twist; carbine gas; black shot peened
    Spikes M4 No Provision Upper Receiver
    Bolt Carrier in my spare parts bin (depending on how many people scream "don't do it", I may try Snowflake's JP LMOS carrier after everything is up, running and functioning)
    Group Buy bolt
    Strike Industries Charging Handle Reclaimed from Snowflake
    ALG EMR VO 10' Handguard (memorial day sale)
    Superlative Arms 0.750 clamp on bleed off gas block (reclaimed from Snowflake)
    Spikes melonited Carbine gas tube
    KVP 7.62 Linear Compensator

Spikes Crusader Lower Receiver; Pax Pacis (peace), Bellum (war), & Deus Vult (God wills it) Selector Markings
    LPK Salvaged from Snowflake - I think its a CMMG
    Geissele Single Stage Precision Trigger (3.5 lbs); This is actually coming from my Lightweight 223 - I just need to keep all of my Precision Rifles with SSA-E's. So Rubin (to be renamed when its rebarreled) will get Snowflake's SSA-E and Joe gets the single stage.
    CMMG anti walk pins
    KAK Shockwave Blade
    KAK Shockwave Pistol Tube
    JoeBob Carbine Buffer (I may play around with this in the future)
    Taran Tactical reduced power (10%) carbine spring (I bought 3 when I decided to try these and a reduced power spring certainly cant hurt in a pistol)
    JoeBob Castle Nut and Endplate

Optic will be my beloved discontinued Vortex Viper HS LR 2.5-10x32 with XLR reticle on an Aero Precision Ultralight SPR mount.

The last part begs a question from all of you pistoliers. With Snowflake's demise freeing up a scope, I did quite a bit of juggling. Knowing I needed a 30mm mount, I ordered an SPR thinking that would go on a 223. I reconfigured my juggling and the scope that ended up on that 223 works with the Aero Extended mount. But the SPR would work on that. But its best to use the SPR on the pistol, right? Although I have no intention of situationally shouldering the Blade since it wasn't designed for that, I am worried that habit with all of my other ARs might cause me to situationally do so in a self defense scenario. In that theoretical situation, I'm going to want the extra eye relief afforded by the SPR, correct?

And unfortunately, I went to Spike's website for the selector markings since I'm at the office. And saw they now offer a Pineapple Grenade lower. With selector markings of Safe, Fire and Aloha Snackbar written in arabic font. Its time for more self control exercises.
    Last edited by StoneHendge; 06-29-2018, 08:16 PM. Reason: OP Request
    Let's go Brandon!
  • grayfox
    Chieftain
    • Jan 2017

Aloha snackbar??? Tooo much -- love it

ROTFL!!!!!!!!!
    "Down the floor, out the door, Go Brandon Go!!!!!"

Comment

• Kswhitetails
      Chieftain
      • Oct 2016

Awww, 92 degrees. At 30% humidity. Feels like 72 SH, so sad. LOL

102 here 84% humidity, feels like 117. guh.... I don't even wanna go outside for the mail ... HAHA

Hear you

On the build, good luck. Your list looks nice, but be ready to forget you have longer weapons, this one's too good to let sit. It's too light and quick to not be fun. And too effecient to really be compared to other pistols. My 12.7 has become my new go to all round, save clays and rifle position. Best of luck.

I wanna do a 6mm Grendel pistol now. Talk about a fun little gopher gun!
      Nothing kills the incentive of men faster than a healthy sense of entitlement. Nothing kills entitlement faster than a healthy sense of achievement.

Comment

• StoneHendge
        Chieftain
        • May 2016

Just when I thought I'd end up with a duplicate for my collection.......New JoeBob T-shirt design!

IMG_20180703_075057-873x522.jpg
        Let's go Brandon!

Comment

• StoneHendge
          Chieftain
          • May 2016

Just a mockup at this point but I think StoneHendge is going to likey!

IMG_20180703_195814_crop_606x276.jpg
          Let's go Brandon!

Comment

• Kswhitetails
            Chieftain
            • Oct 2016

Sexy! Keep the progress updates coming.
            Nothing kills the incentive of men faster than a healthy sense of entitlement. Nothing kills entitlement faster than a healthy sense of achievement.

Comment

Working...
            X