X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Lastrites
    Warrior
    • Apr 2017

I recall that while BA marketing dept calls their chamber a type-II it is really a saami chamber, read this over on AR15.com some time ago.

Comment

• A5BLASTER
      Chieftain
      • Mar 2015

Originally posted by Lastrites View Post
      I recall that while BA marketing dept calls their chamber a type-II it is really a saami chamber, read this over on AR15.com some time ago.
      You maybe be correct.

The thing about type II and grendel II is they are diffrent.

Anything made by satern/liberty is going to be the grendel II chamber spec, still uses the .136 bolt but it's a different chamber.

Now days most suppliers state type II and for the most part that means sammi chamber with compound throat and .136 bolt.

But when someone is not sure it's best to call them a get it straight from the source if it's a sammi chamber or a different chamber.

Hope I'm helping and not creating more confusion.

Comment

• StoneHendge
        Chieftain
        • May 2016

I've run a Type II Grendel chamber on an 18" Satern Liberty back when they used to make them for Midway to be sold as Stoners. It wasn't bad. Got around 3/4" with Amax and some groups smaller. But I always got pressure signs in the accuracy nodes near max levels and I've pretty much run it with 123s around the lower accuracy node at around 2400. I got good accuracy with 123 gr Scenars, but those were in the high 2300s. Not worth it for the price of Scenars. I ran 1k of 120 gr Scenars that I got a really good deal on at a little over 2500 with MOA accuracy without double measuring powder knowing I'd retire the barrel when they were gone. Probably just my particular barrel, but it never really excited me that much. The BHW 243 LBC barrel that's now in the FedEx system somewhere between Oregon and Colorado excites me

And if you do the Brownells, you will need an ABG
        Let's go Brandon!

Comment

• Popeye212
          Chieftain
          • Jan 2018

Granite has a sale on AP and BA stuff they have decent prices when they are on sale be sure and use the coupon

Comment

• Londerko
            Warrior
            • Apr 2018

Comment

• Popeye212
              Chieftain
              • Jan 2018

I shows up when you first get on I'll look for it. Saw it yesterday but try this.
              Last edited by Popeye212; 07-01-2018, 01:52 AM.

Comment

• Jcbuch
                Unwashed
                • Jun 2018

Comment

• A5BLASTER
                  Chieftain
                  • Mar 2015

Originally posted by Jcbuch View Post
                  Appreciate everyone’s advise and help. Costed it out. About $650 to do upper with AP m4e1 enhanced upper black with 15” Fed handguatd mlock, with BA 18” fluted barrel, Toolcraft 6.5 BCG, and a charging handle. Need a muzzle break, can’t use flash hider in my commie state. Any recommendations?? Or just thread covers for now?
                  If you want the best performance in a brake then m4-72 severe duty is going to be what you want and their shim kit is so much better then a dang crush washer.

Comment

• AeroFDE6.5
                    Bloodstained
                    • Jun 2018

I'm also building a 6.5 Grendel AR-15 and using an Aero M4E1 lower/upper set- planning on using a Faxon 20" fluted barrel and a VG6 Precision Gamma 6.5 muzzle brake. I have one on my Aero M5E1, and it works very nice.

opplanet-vg6-precision-gamma-65-muzzle-device-apvg100016a-av3.jpg

Geno

Comment

• Popeye212
                      Chieftain
                      • Jan 2018

Gamma VG65 is working fine for me. Looks like they are on sale at several places. It's got a crush washer no problems so far.

Comment

• Londerko
                        Warrior
                        • Apr 2018

Have you looked at the complete Aero Uppers???? Should be cheaper than that... and they use BA barrels.
                        They own BA

Comment

• Popeye212
                          Chieftain
                          • Jan 2018

Call Aero Precision and see if they will sub that flash hider with a break. I have called them before and if they can they will work with you on that. Especially since you have state regs. I would give it a shot.

Comment

• Jcbuch
                            Unwashed
                            • Jun 2018

Originally posted by Londerko View Post
                            Have you looked at the complete Aero Uppers???? Should be cheaper than that... and they use BA barrels.
                            They own BA
                            Yes that is true, but my price is with a fde handguard and a black upper. Also includes bcg, charging handle and a fluted barrel

Comment

• Jcbuch
                              Unwashed
                              • Jun 2018

Thanks again everyone. Ordered from armorally. Little disappointed they hit me with shipping and even tax but still was cheaper than granite ridge outfitters who I ordered from when I built my last ar15 in .223 Wylde with AP and BA. so here is what I ordered. Lower is already built like a 3 months ago it’s AP with fde magpul ctr stock and moe grip.
                              1) BA 18” fluted premium barrel rifle length
                              2) AP enhanced black upper
                              3) AP gas block and stainless tube
                              4) AP 15” fde mlock handguard
                              5) Toolcraft nitride BCG
                              6) VG6.5 muzzle break, sadly I have to pin it for compliance
                              7) milspec polished trigger for now (will switch out eventually)
                              8) charging handle

Open to some glass options for this
                              build, probably a vortex. What do you prefer for hunting and punching paper and why?
                              Last edited by Jcbuch; 07-04-2018, 10:33 AM.

Comment

• Popeye212
                                Chieftain
                                • Jan 2018

Jcbuch here's a thought while your building that one do the Larue MBT "I can wait" trigger for $99 unless you don't want a 2 stage. Took about 3 weeks but worth it. I put Athlon on mine and about to buy another. AA might have had to charge you tax depending on what state you live in. Some are taxing internet purchases.

Comment

Working...
                                X