• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • AeroFDE6.5
    Bloodstained
    • Jun 2018

My Aero FDE M4E1 6.5 Grendel build

I finally got all of my parts gathered and assembled. Of course I still have to do a headspace check, get optics/mount, ammo, and mags, but it feels good to have all the parts together. The handguard is off the cerakoater at the time of this post.

003_Faxon barrel in.jpg
    008_FFSSR.jpg
    004_RA-140 trigger.jpg
    006_Faxon barrel.jpg
    007_M4E1 upper.jpg
    011_build done.jpg
    013_build done.jpg
    014_ASC.jpg

Geno
  • A5BLASTER
    Chieftain
    • Mar 2015

Looks good.

I'm going to changing out a lower on one of my 18 inch grendel to that lower.

Got a line on one new in pack for 50 bucks.

Comment

• AeroFDE6.5
      Bloodstained
      • Jun 2018

Nice deal. You definitely pay a premium for the M4E1 for the FDE lowers- but we all have our character flaws. We want what we want.

Geno

Comment

• A5BLASTER
        Chieftain
        • Mar 2015

Originally posted by AeroFDE6.5 View Post
        Nice deal. You definitely pay a premium for the M4E1 for the FDE lowers- but we all have our character flaws. We want what we want.

Geno
        Yea couldnt pass it up local shop, guy only has one got it and a fde on a trade told him 50 bucks next check he said deal and locked it up till I get payed.

Comment

• Kswhitetails
          Chieftain
          • Oct 2016

Thumbs up on the fde. I’m partial to it as well. What are your plans for the optic?
          Nothing kills the incentive of men faster than a healthy sense of entitlement. Nothing kills entitlement faster than a healthy sense of achievement.

Comment

• AeroFDE6.5
            Bloodstained
            • Jun 2018

Originally posted by Kswhitetails View Post
            Thumbs up on the fde. I’m partial to it as well. What are your plans for the optic?
            I'm budgeting for a Nikon Black x1000 6-24x50. I did see Vortex has a 5-24x50 Strike Eagle for about $15 less, but I want to try Nikon this time (I have a Vortex Viper HS 4-16x44 on my M5E1 .308 build- needs more scope too).

Geno

Comment

• bman940
              Unwashed
              • Apr 2018

Aero, You may have picked the right time to step into a Nikon BLACK FX1000 scope. Right now Nikon is giving away with the purchase of the BLACK FX1000 a BLACK Series mount. That alone is worth $150. I have been using them on my BLACK X1000 scopes for over a year now and love it. Solid lock up, no lapping needed and it looks great too. I believe the promo goes until the end of Aug. but my guess is they will run out of mounts and they will end up backordered . Just a hunch. I just bought a BLACK FX1000, before the promo came into effect. Going to put it on my 6.5 CM, should be a great pairing.
              Bart
              Nikon Prostaff since 2010
              Nikon riflescope user from 1984

Comment

• Shadow Knows
                Unwashed
                • Mar 2018

Nice build. I tire of black and yet I built my Grendel on a black platform, soon to change colors. I like it.

Comment

• AeroFDE6.5
                  Bloodstained
                  • Jun 2018

Originally posted by bman940 View Post
                  Aero, You may have picked the right time to step into a Nikon BLACK FX1000 scope. Right now Nikon is giving away with the purchase of the BLACK FX1000 a BLACK Series mount. That alone is worth $150. I have been using them on my BLACK X1000 scopes for over a year now and love it. Solid lock up, no lapping needed and it looks great too. I believe the promo goes until the end of Aug. but my guess is they will run out of mounts and they will end up backordered . Just a hunch. I just bought a BLACK FX1000, before the promo came into effect. Going to put it on my 6.5 CM, should be a great pairing.
                  Bman,
                  I did notice that the other day- I was planning to use an Aero precision FDE 30mm Ultralight scope mount, but a freebie is a freebie.

Geno

Comment

• AeroFDE6.5
                    Bloodstained
                    • Jun 2018

Originally posted by Shadow Knows View Post
                    Nice build. I tire of black and yet I built my Grendel on a black platform, soon to change colors. I like it.
                    Thanks for the kind words. I know the difficulty cerakoaters have in matching Aero's "FDE"- I'm fully expecting it to not match the receivers at all. I was tempted to pull it all apart, send the receivers in too, but I went through that order with my Aero M5E1 build- very frustrating. At this point I really don't care- I just want to get the handguard back on the rifle, optics on it and shoot it!

Geno

Comment

• bman940
                      Unwashed
                      • Apr 2018

Agree, free is my favorite price. I'm sure you could sell that BLACK Series mount if you decided not to use it but I promise you it is well made and you will have zero regrets mounting it on your build. Looking forward to a range reprt when the time is right.

Here's a pic of one of my Nikon BLACK Series mounts on a AR

Last edited by bman940; 07-29-2018, 04:18 PM. Reason: error
                      Bart
                      Nikon Prostaff since 2010
                      Nikon riflescope user from 1984

Comment

• AeroFDE6.5
                        Bloodstained
                        • Jun 2018

Bart, Nice AR, dude.

Geno

Comment

• flatland1
                          Bloodstained
                          • Jun 2018

I've bought a lot of Aero Precision uppers/lowers/handguard-rails with FDE finish already applied. It took me a bit to realize that they use Magpul FDE instead of plain old CeraKote FDE, but it said so right there on their website. I've used a lot of H-265 FDE over the past several years, but feel the H-267 Magpul version is much more attractive. And yes, I can see a slight difference in tint when using parts supplied already coated with those I've coated myself. As long as the texture of the finish is the same, I can live with the slight difference in tint. If I were putting an AR together for a customer, and had the time to order in parts for his build, I'd go with their coated upper/lower/handguard, but wouldn't hesitate to do the bbl, buffer tube, & etc parts myself.

I really like their new M4E1 lowers, and have also used a goodly number of M4E1 uppers with their handguards. Same goes for the M5E1/AR10 parts.

Comment

• AeroFDE6.5
                            Bloodstained
                            • Jun 2018

My handguard finally came back from the cerakoaters- thanks to Jacob England at KAE Custom Coatings for another beautiful job.

Geno
                            016_cerakoat done.jpg
                            017_cerakoat done.jpg

Comment

• Kswhitetails
                              Chieftain
                              • Oct 2016

Beautiful rifle Geno, congratulations. Well done.
                              Nothing kills the incentive of men faster than a healthy sense of entitlement. Nothing kills entitlement faster than a healthy sense of achievement.

Comment

Working...
                              X