JP gen 1 scs
    A2 stock don't remember who's
    Standard pistol grip my fav grip

That's about it.
    Attached Files
  • Bigs28
    Chieftain
    • Feb 2016

Nice. I look forward to the range report.

Comment

• A5BLASTER
      Chieftain
      • Mar 2015

Might be a mint before I can get to the range.

I did do a quick get on paper at 100 here at the house this evening and it looks good so far.

Will update when I can get to the range.

Comment

• A5BLASTER
        Chieftain
        • Mar 2015

Well small update to this got her to the range today to play a bit.

Me and my best bud was there to sight in the 18 inch I built him and his son off the 18 inch jp barrel I pulled to replace with the gb monster 20 inch, plus he shot his new 300 win mag as well.

Sighted in/tightened up sight in at 100 with eld-m factory ammo easily grouping 3 on each other, didn't really try for small groups due to the barrel not being broke in yet, but it was easy to put 3 touching on the bull.

My friend got his 300 sighted so we moved on to the steel at 200,300 and 400 that's max for this range.

Entered data into sterlok app on my phone and then dropped 1 round on 6 inch red section of killzone section of the steel at 200,300 and 400 yards.

Ended the day with 35 rounds throw the pipe. Tested sst factory ammo and it was horrible just like in my AA 16 inch barrel.

Gave what I had leavt to my bud as the jp barrel shoots it ok but hates eld-m and loves the fusion round.

Will probably get more time this weekend to test more ammo and have more time to take pics of groups, was pressed for time as my bro was on his way home from Oklahoma.

Comment

• Bigs28
          Chieftain
          • Feb 2016

Very nice. I feel your pain on the sst. Hornady American gunner is right at moa and sst is 3moa.

Comment

• A5BLASTER
            Chieftain
            • Mar 2015

Originally posted by Bigs28 View Post
            Very nice. I feel your pain on the sst. Hornady American gunner is right at moa and sst is 3moa.
            I will be honest I never cared for the sst in other calibers.

But of my two jp barrels I had the one I used to build my bro and his son their first ar and it's their first grendel does shoot it ok.

The jp barrel I sold it was bad like 3moa at best, now my 16 inch AA barrel is worse then that like 8 inch shotgun patterns at 100 and my new green mountain gb barrel isn't much better with them.

I'm not up set about it because the eld-m shoots great and I totally expect the fusion, nbt 100 and 120 to shoot great plus my 85 grain Trex handloads and the 95 grain trex factory should be good as well.

Will be testing 129 ablr,85 grain handloads,95 grain trex factory and 100/120 grain nbt next time at the range and will confirm zero with the eld-m ammo first.

Comment

• A5BLASTER
              Chieftain
              • Mar 2015

Lil update for yall with pics hopfully.

Went ran the 20 inch GB GM barrel again today ended the day with 204 rounds down pipe over the course of 3 range trips since I got it.

She is going to be a shooter for sure. All groups shoot with factory eld-m ammo, didn't really put much effort into groups due to chasing a gas issue.

Did take her too 400 today, paper is 100, and steel is 200 and 300, didn't feel like walking out to the 400 yard target to get a pic.

Ended the day with a damaged bcg due to gas ring failure I belive, still need to bust lose the gas block and inspect it for damage as well.

Started noticing the recoil increasing on every shot, then noticed the gas ports on the bcg had been gas cut, they weren't like that last night when I cleaned it.

Almost positive the gas rings failed because I could not get the gas to retune and when I got home the inside of the rifle looked like I had just returned from Iraq. I have never seen my rifle so dirty and I fired my old jp 18 inch 344 rounds one day with exact same gas system and accutly reused the gas system parts for this build.

Sorry long winded, let's hope the pics work.
              Attached Files

Comment

• A5BLASTER
                Chieftain
                • Mar 2015

Got to try and resize the other pics, stand bye

Comment

• A5BLASTER
                  Chieftain
                  • Mar 2015

200 yard steel is the one missing the most paint, other is 300 yard.

Red round section of steel target is 6 inch round with a 36 inch round backstop painted blueish made from deck plate.

Edit to add can't get the pics of the steel small enough to upload, so ohhhhh well.
                  Last edited by A5BLASTER; 09-05-2018, 11:17 PM.

Comment

• Bigs28
                    Chieftain
                    • Feb 2016

Nice groups but i don't see the steel plates pictures.

Comment

• A5BLASTER
                      Chieftain
                      • Mar 2015

Bigs don't take my last post personal, you posted while I was trying to edit and upload the steel target pics and I got aggregated at it not working.

Comment

• A5BLASTER
                        Chieftain
                        • Mar 2015

Got them resized, ain't worth spit but here goes, first two pics is 5 rounds rapid at 200.

Second two pics is 7 rounds rapid at 300
                        Attached Files

Comment

• A5BLASTER
                          Chieftain
                          • Mar 2015

Well y'all just don't get to see the pics of the 300 steel because even though I got them the same size as the 200 yard steel they won't upload, gives me a stupid error pop up thing.

Comment

• Kswhitetails
                            Chieftain
                            • Oct 2016

Nice targets. I'm more interested to hear about your gas ring issue. Ever get any clarification? Find failure? PICS?
                            Nothing kills the incentive of men faster than a healthy sense of entitlement. Nothing kills entitlement faster than a healthy sense of achievement.

Comment

Working...
                            X