Not Grrr, but it's pretty cool for a 2nd upper...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • AZHTfreak
    Warrior
    • Jan 2017

Moderators, please delete if out of bounds for this forum.

I'm all about commonality of caliber (and platform). The fewer different cartridges I have to stock (vacuum-seal ;-), the better. Been on the fence quite a while about 9mm AR uppers, given the 'proprietary mfger custom semi milspec' mag-block, Colt mag or Glock mag dedicated billet lowers required...

But THIS appears to be a pretty cool solution - still in preorder (mid-Sept ship?). It gets rid of the lower's mag-block and assorted proprietary mods by dropping a 9mm polymer follower/assembly into a 5.56 Gen 2or3 PMAG, letting you to use a 9mm upper on any milspec AR lower. I have zero connection to the company, just ran across it in my Googlefoo...

DOJ+FBI+IRS+AFT=NKVD. Joe Stalin and Lavrentiy Pavlovich Beria are tap dancing in hell right now...
  • Kswhitetails
    Chieftain
    • Oct 2016

Ah man, you're killing me! This is a great answer to the issue I am having with this particular rabbit hole. I don't know which upper/bcg/mags I want to build one on down the road. This does indeed look interesting, though my first thought is the longevity of the poly ejector on the follower. I so far am most interested in the Colt setup with a mag block and some mags. Dunno now, this is interesting.

Thanks for the info.

Mmmm back to Grendel. Haha
    Nothing kills the incentive of men faster than a healthy sense of entitlement. Nothing kills entitlement faster than a healthy sense of achievement.

Comment

• mdram
      Warrior
      • Sep 2016

nice, they should just offer it as a complete mag and call it a day
      just some targets for printing
      https://drive.google.com/drive/folde...xQ?usp=sharing

Comment

• AZHTfreak
        Warrior
        • Jan 2017

Agreed on the ejector durability...
        DOJ+FBI+IRS+AFT=NKVD. Joe Stalin and Lavrentiy Pavlovich Beria are tap dancing in hell right now...

Comment

• Kswhitetails
          Chieftain
          • Oct 2016

Further thought: For $25 bucks, and use as a blaster, if it lasts 2K it'd be an easy yes. That's the cost 100 rounds at the range, and the savings and ease of reloading 2k 9mm pickup brass back to pew pew vs doing the same with 5.56? Meh, sign me up.

I've been wanting a PCC for a while, though I really want to do one in 357Mag...
          Nothing kills the incentive of men faster than a healthy sense of entitlement. Nothing kills entitlement faster than a healthy sense of achievement.

Comment

• stanc
            Banned
            • Apr 2011

That does indeed look pretty cool. Another video:

Comment

• AZHTfreak
              Warrior
              • Jan 2017

Originally posted by Kswhitetails View Post
              Further thought: For $25 bucks, and use as a blaster, if it lasts 2K it'd be an easy yes. That's the cost 100 rounds at the range, and the savings and ease of reloading 2k 9mm pickup brass back to pew pew vs doing the same with 5.56? Meh, sign me up.

I've been wanting a PCC for a while, though I really want to do one in 357Mag...
              Good math... mean arms states a lifetime warranty on the EndoMag. Wth, @ $25, beat the ejector to death, pay the postage, "May I have another please? Mucho gracias...!" What's the life expectancy of Glock/Colt mags?

Comment

Working...
              X