• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • sarky
    Bloodstained
    • Sep 2017

First build

So this is my first Grendel upper build, I have a 16 inch group buy barrel and bolt, a Gibbz side charging upper, Adams Arms piston system with light weight boron carrier and a Yankee Hill M-Lok hand guard. I also swapped out the buffer system in the lower with a JP Enterprises captured spring system.
    Now, the things I still need, firing pin. Does it matter which one I get?????? And a Muzzle break, Any recommendations as which muzzle break to get for the Grendel??
    I am also considering the DOLOS quick change barrel system, so I can switch from the 16 inch barrel to a 20 inch. Anyone have any experience with this?
  • mdram
    Warrior
    • Sep 2016

the group buy bolt should use a standard mil spec firing pin
    just some targets for printing
    https://drive.google.com/drive/folde...xQ?usp=sharing

Comment

• sarky
      Bloodstained
      • Sep 2017

Any thoughts on a muzzle brake?

Comment

• A5BLASTER
        Chieftain
        • Mar 2015

Standard mil spec firing pin with that bolt.

I have been using the m4-72 severe duty and it does a awesome job but boy is it loud and throw a concussion wave.

If you got adjustable gas block and the scs system, I would pick up a righttobear arms lowmass stripped bcg for 60 bucks and complete the lowmass system.

Comment

• Neanderthal
          Unwashed
          • Jun 2018

I'm using the same group buy barrel and bolt in my recent build. I put a VG6 Epsilon 65 muzzle device on mine and love it! As others have said, yours will take a standard firing pin. I have no experience with the DOLOS, but it does sound interesting.

Comment

• Redomen
            Warrior
            • Jun 2016

I like my Odin Atlas comp.

Comment

• Djgrendel
              Warrior
              • Feb 2016

Is the quick change barrel faster than pushing two takedown pins to swap uppers?
              Yard work is not an excuse!

Comment

• Sixoeight
                Warrior
                • Jul 2018

I can't imagine many scenarios where a 20" change is needed over a 16 unless you are doing ultra long distance competition in which case you would usually build a dedicated rifle. Just my thoughts on it

Comment

• sarky
                  Bloodstained
                  • Sep 2017

Actually it is a good deal quicker

Comment

• Bigs28
                    Chieftain
                    • Feb 2016

If your using a lightweight carrier i recommend adjustable gas.

Muzzle break? If you ever plan on getting a suppressor buy the brake that goes with it. If not the vg6 is pretty good.

Comment

• sarky
                      Bloodstained
                      • Sep 2017

The Adams arms carrier is light weight and it is an adjustable piston system. I have been looking at both the Atlas 6.5 and the VG6. From the looks of things, this will be a semi-custom build as I will need to get the hand guard milled to make clearance for the piston system. I need to find a good machinist.

Comment

Working...
                      X