• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Swampfox
    Warrior
    • Sep 2018

Anyone use this barrel?

Has anyone used this barrel? What is the accuracy I could expect to have? What distance could be used for on the bench? https://faxonfirearms.com/match-seri...lon-extension/
  • Popeye212
    Chieftain
    • Jan 2018

Good barrel but shop around Arm or Ally has it for $289 may get a better deal

Comment

• A5BLASTER
      Chieftain
      • Mar 2015

I would have to say it will shot as far as you and the ammo can hold on target.

They get good reviews from what I see online, no first hand experience with it though.

I would save some cash and get the 20 inch group buy barrel, it will shot for sure, I have one.

Comment

• Swampfox
        Warrior
        • Sep 2018

Where can I see the 20” group buy barrel at?

Comment

• Bigs28
          Chieftain
          • Feb 2016

I use a faxon 12" and it shoots sub moa all day

Comment

• Swampfox
            Warrior
            • Sep 2018

What is the difference between the Monster 20in barrel in the Group buy and this barrel? I know the Faxon is roughly 1/2 lb, and fluted.

Comment

• 1Shot
              Warrior
              • Feb 2018

Toward the bottom of the main topic page on this forum you will see a Group Buy section. Click there and you will find the barrels.

Comment

• Lastrites
                Warrior
                • Apr 2017

I have that 20" matched faxon, so far so good but only have a handful of rounds through it as I've been working way too much and no time for play lately...

Comment

• Wargrendeleagle
                  Warrior
                  • Sep 2018

I bought that same barrel from Primary Arms for $240 give or take a few dollars. I forget. But keep an eye out there. I'm still waiting to shoot mine, just have to mount my scope to it!

Comment

• olde sarge
                    Warrior
                    • May 2014

My experience with Faxon barrels is as follows. Keep in mind that no two barrels are the same even if they come off the line back to back. Also I am rather long in the tooth and have typical not so steady hands and dimming eyes. I have the barrel you asked about and it shoots 1-1.5" groups with most factory loads. I also have a 20" Faxon Group buy barrel that seems to shoot right at 1-1.125" groups with the occasional sub MOA group. I will say that the present 20" GM group buy barrel is one hell of a deal and near impossible to beat at the price offered. I have had Green Mountain barrels that proved to be as good as any I have owned after a proper break in time. The only exception is my PF Bartlein barrel that will shoot the best of any I have owned, about .5- .75 MOA, but you will pay for it in dollars and long wait time. If you want benchrest type accuracy you will have to go to better quality than Faxon in my opinion. Hope I haven't confused you and this helps
                    Last edited by olde sarge; 10-02-2018, 05:04 AM.

Comment

Working...
                    X