Adjustable gas block necessary for Lilja AR319 barrel neccesary?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • giannid
    Bloodstained
    • Sep 2018

Adjustable gas block necessary for Lilja AR319 barrel neccesary?

I'm building an upper with a Lilja barrel that uses a mid length gas system and I've noticed a lot of you are using adjustable gas blocks. I've built a few uppers and never used one before. I'll be building this with a Daniels Defense upper and bolt carrier. A brake will be used but doubt I'll ever use a suppressor. Wondering if the adjustable gas is necessary and what am I going to lose if I don't use one. I like to keep things simple and the adjustable gas block is another thing to adjust and something else that can fail. Comments?
  • bj139
    Chieftain
    • Mar 2017

You probably only need it if you use a suppressor. I don't have one and don't feel I need one.

Comment

• A5BLASTER
      Chieftain
      • Mar 2015

Needed? No.

No barrel needs adjustable gas but every rifle can benefit from it. Less recoil, runs a bit clean in the action area and a small increase in velocity because your tacking less gas from the barrel to run the rifle.

Needed for proper function no, but the rewards to me are worth it to run them on every rifle.

Comment

• TomSawyerNW
        Warrior
        • Nov 2015

So, A5, which adjustable gas midlength would you recommend for an 18" Lilja build? My head is about to explode from all the different sources and options. All looking the same.
        If the Democrats had been in power when this country was founded, we'd be the British.

Comment

• Swampfox
          Warrior
          • Sep 2018

A5 is correct. Superlative Arms is a great adjustable GB. That is all I run

Comment

• Kmarsh1966
            Unwashed
            • Oct 2018

Superlative Arms here

Comment

• A5BLASTER
              Chieftain
              • Mar 2015

Originally posted by TomSawyerNW View Post
              So, A5, which adjustable gas midlength would you recommend for an 18" Lilja build? My head is about to explode from all the different sources and options. All looking the same.
              If you have the room under the handguard my vote is jp split yoke design, I don't care for the click style adjustment blocks to me you lose some adjustment range.

I like the jp blocks for that reason, set it and lock it down with the locking screw.

I used a joebobs adjustable on my 16 inch and it is a good lil block seals tight to the barrel and adjust and locks just like the jp block.

Used a wojteck adjustable as well, cheap looks crappy but works great.

Comment

• TomSawyerNW
                Warrior
                • Nov 2015

Thanks, A5! I appreciate that.
                If the Democrats had been in power when this country was founded, we'd be the British.

Comment

• A5BLASTER
                  Chieftain
                  • Mar 2015

Originally posted by TomSawyerNW View Post
                  Thanks, A5! I appreciate that.
                  Hey no problem sir, glad I could be of some help.

Comment

• LRRPF52
                    Super Moderator
                    • Sep 2014

For all of my 18" MLGS builds, if I could do it over with what's available now, I would drop in Bootleg adjustable carriers to tame the plug dwell time you get with all that barrel in front of the gas port on an 18" MLGS.

I think Precision Firearms 18" Intermediate Length Gas System makes a ton of sense.
                    NRA Basic, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, RSO

CCW, CQM, DM, Long Range Rifle Instructor

6.5 Grendel Reloading Handbooks & chamber brushes can be found here:

www.AR15buildbox.com

Comment

Working...
                    X