• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Lantern
    Bloodstained
    • Sep 2018

When the UPS man comes I'm like a kid at Christmas

My Grendel build is inching along.

Got a few things in the mail. The only thing missing is I usually hear Larue hands out a lot of swag. I got.....nothing. Just a packing slip. Oh well. The trigger is still great for 94 bucks shipped. LOL!

Now if I can just get the handrail in and scope I might just be able to take it out to play.

NOTE: The scope is crazy back ordered.... so I'm thinking some cheap iron sights fight.
  • Bigs28
    Chieftain
    • Feb 2016

Very nice. Or a cheap red dot you can 45 degree later

Comment

• Lantern
      Bloodstained
      • Sep 2018

I have a PA Cyclops I wanna get for my 223 Wylde. They could swap around pretty easy with the QDs I have. Although I do keep seeing mention of the little bushnell red dot TRS 25. Is it really that good at under $50?? I have an astigmatism so that's why both the sights I have coming have etched/ prism glass.

Comment

• Lantern
        Bloodstained
        • Sep 2018

Here's where it's at right now.

Comment

• A5BLASTER
          Chieftain
          • Mar 2015

If you want a red dot get the at3 version sold by at3.

I have one very nice sight lil more money then the one stated above, I bought mine when they came out with their latest upgrade to the sight and got the mount together for under a bill with shipping.

Comment

• Swampfox
            Warrior
            • Sep 2018

Is that a gamma? My build has barely got off the ground yet. All I have is the Bolt, barrel, and BC. Lucid has a good sight or Vortex spitfire prism both are good sights. On my CQB rifle in 300BLKout I have a EOtech on it. You can also get a good used Aimpoint for around $200.

Comment

• Lantern
              Bloodstained
              • Sep 2018

Originally posted by Swampfox View Post
              Is that a gamma? My build has barely got off the ground yet. All I have is the Bolt, barrel, and BC. Lucid has a good sight or Vortex spitfire prism both are good sights. On my CQB rifle in 300BLKout I have a EOtech on it. You can also get a good used Aimpoint for around $200.
              It's an Epsilon. Although I do have a Gamma on my 556. Very well machined. Regular red dots like Aimpoints I can't fully enjoy due to my astigmatism. Prismatic sights are the way for me. Being a bigger guy....I'm tired of having to have special stuff to work just for me. LOL!!

Comment

• Swampfox
                Warrior
                • Sep 2018

If the Lucid P7 and Vortex spitfire are in your price range check them out. I’m going to get one when I do a M4A1 I have planned.

Comment

• Lantern
                  Bloodstained
                  • Sep 2018

Originally posted by Swampfox View Post
                  If the Lucid P7 and Vortex spitfire are in your price range check them out. I’m going to get one when I do a M4A1 I have planned.
                  I will definitely check them out. It's really tough with a <$500 budget to be able to get hands on some of the value leaders like Lucid, Vortex and Primary Arms in my area. It winds up being a shot in the dark, take their word for it situation which is frustrating. So, I'm soaking up as much testimonials as I can and TRYING to get visuals on youtube and such.

Comment

• Swampfox
                    Warrior
                    • Sep 2018

Originally posted by Lantern View Post
                    I will definitely check them out. It's really tough with a <$500 budget to be able to get hands on some of the value leaders like Lucid, Vortex and Primary Arms in my area. It winds up being a shot in the dark, take their word for it situation which is frustrating. So, I'm soaking up as much testimonials as I can and TRYING to get visuals on youtube and such.
                    PA is not even in the same class as Lucid or Vortex as far as warranty, glass, QA, and Reliability. Both the Lucid P7 and the Vortex spitfire prism are sub $500. Both the P7 and Spitfire are lifetime Warranty. Also both are glass is etched.

Comment

• Lantern
                      Bloodstained
                      • Sep 2018

Well, looks like the combo of a looooong backorder and constant searching has changed things up for me. I had a PA raptor on order, but it wasn't going to be here till MAYBE November. So....I just cancelled that order because I just got a sweet deal on a Vortex PST Gen II 1-6 for about $525 shipped. I'll have to wait a little bit for the 1x optic now due to the extra 200 I just spent. But, I'm confident in this choice due to the Vortex warranty. My local gun store LOVES how easy Vortex is to work with.

Comment

• Swampfox
                        Warrior
                        • Sep 2018

Congratulations

Comment

• Lantern
                          Bloodstained
                          • Sep 2018

Update... I got to be happy with my new purchase for 24 hours. LOL! Got an email from the site I ordered from saying that the optic isn't in stock. I DO NOT like bait and switch type places that try to get multiple orders in before buying in bulk to lower costs(if they don't cancel after weeks). Sooo…. I cancelled and will be looking around at other sites. That's what I get for not going with the places I'm used to anyway. The price was just too sweet to try.

Comment

• Swampfox
                            Warrior
                            • Sep 2018

Originally posted by Lantern View Post
                            Update... I got to be happy with my new purchase for 24 hours. LOL! Got an email from the site I ordered from saying that the optic isn't in stock. I DO NOT like bait and switch type places that try to get multiple orders in before buying in bulk to lower costs(if they don't cancel after weeks). Sooo…. I cancelled and will be looking around at other sites. That's what I get for not going with the places I'm used to anyway. The price was just too sweet to try.
                            I agree with you if a company don’t have a item in stock they need to show in on their website.

Comment

Working...
                            X