• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Swampfox
    Warrior
    • Sep 2018

Bear creek receiver

Are the bear creek lower receivers any good?
  • Frontier Gear
    Warrior
    • Nov 2017

We had a batch of them. They worked well, but the engraving on ours was pretty light and kind of hard to read.
    Engineer, FFL and Pastor

Comment

• Swampfox
      Warrior
      • Sep 2018

Comment

• grayfox
        Chieftain
        • Jan 2017

Bear Creek has been iffy (and that's being generous in my opinion) on their barrels, they've been roll-of-the-dice. I had 3 and got rid of all of them. Makes me leery of putting any $$ into any of their products. Surely there are other lower receivers out there within your price range. Life's too short for me to mess around with iffy mfrs.

JoeBob's and other sites have boo-coo lowers for sale pretty reasonable.
        "Down the floor, out the door, Go Brandon Go!!!!!"

Comment

• Swampfox
          Warrior
          • Sep 2018

Comment

• grayfox
            Chieftain
            • Jan 2017

I actually hope, and trust, that one day they will fix their QC and production problems and produce consistently good products. Others have done it, so can they. But for now I just think they are too much of a risk for me to go there. There are a couple other mfrs that have that I have steered clear of, which once upon a time I used their stuff.
            We all live n learn.
            "Down the floor, out the door, Go Brandon Go!!!!!"

Comment

• Swampfox
              Warrior
              • Sep 2018

Gray I agree

Comment

• Simple1
                Unwashed
                • Nov 2018

Other than a quality barrel, bolt and trigger, the lower is worth spending just a little extra for known quality. You are going to look at it and think about your decision each time you pick it up. Why not get one you can be proud of and not question its quality?

Comment

• A5BLASTER
                  Chieftain
                  • Mar 2015

Anderson, you can find them for under 50 bucks, they always work.

Only thing the lower does important is hold the take down pin and the trigger, other then that it doesn't really do anything.

Why spend more on a fancy name. I understand you want to shop local but like gray said their products are very miss and not much hit, if you go bca for the lower I would make sure then have a good return/replace policy should it be out of spec.

Comment

• 1Shot
                    Warrior
                    • Feb 2018

As for forged uppers and lowers there are only a few foundries in the USA that make them all. Go on YouTube and do a search and you can find a video where a fellow explains the marking codes found on them that will let you know who actually made them. The only difference between those made in the same foundry is the name that is imprinted on them. I have a number of Anderson named but find that they were made in two different foundries. I laughed when a fellow at the range was poo-pooing Anderson lowers and praising his if memory serves me correct it was a Spikes. When I took a look at the code stamp which is usually located on the right side at the back of the trigger area on the frame, his lower had the same code stamp as my Anderson. When I sowed him this he did not believe me. I told him to do the research and he would find out for himself.

Comment

• 1Shot
                      Warrior
                      • Feb 2018

Primary Arms Black Friday sale. They have Anderson uppers for $28.99 and CMC 3.5lb triggers for $89.99

Comment

• Swampfox
                        Warrior
                        • Sep 2018

Originally posted by 1Shot View Post
                        Primary Arms Black Friday sale. They have Anderson uppers for $28.99 and CMC 3.5lb triggers for $89.99
                        I need a upper but I have never been impressed with Anderson’s finish.

Comment

• WSAR15
                          Bloodstained
                          • Jul 2017

I ordered a couple billet side charging uppers the third week of October. No news since and they won't reply to my e-mails as to the status. Strange.

Comment

• GregP42
                            Warrior
                            • Mar 2015

Weird I got mine after a 5 or 6 days. Leave a message and it normally takes a day or so for them to get back. Or it was when I have left messages.

Greg

Comment

• rtreefanatic
                              Unwashed
                              • Nov 2017

they are supplied to them. they do not make their own forgings. they may do some final machining and engraving, which is where the appearance and quality control comes from.
                              Last edited by rtreefanatic; 12-12-2018, 11:58 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X