• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • windomhunter
    Unwashed
    • Dec 2016

Info on Wilson Combat Grendel

New to to the forum looking for information and accuracy results on Wilson Combat barrels for the Grendel. I was thinking of using the recon tactical 20" barrel for my first Grendel build this winter. Looking to build a coyote / bench gun with good accuracy (3/4 Moa or better) are the barrels capable? If there are better options for barrels in the $300 price range I'd be open to them as well.
  • HuntTXhogs
    Warrior
    • Jan 2014

I don’t believe anybody has tested the Wilson

Welcome to the board and be our guinea pig !

Comment

• BCHunter
      Warrior
      • Jan 2018

The Wilson just became available this summer, no one has posted on it yet here. Other then one thread on someone should try it.

Comment

• windomhunter
        Unwashed
        • Dec 2016

Thanks for the input everyone, I think I'm going to go with the safe bet and get a Criterion from PF. Thanks Again

Comment

• Rackfreak_210
          Unwashed
          • Jan 2020

I?m in the same boat right now..... How is the accuracy from your criterion? I Just can?t make my decision between the two. Any one have any insight or experience with either of these barrels?

Comment

• A5BLASTER
            Chieftain
            • Mar 2015

Originally posted by Rackfreak_210 View Post
            I?m in the same boat right now..... How is the accuracy from your criterion? I Just can?t make my decision between the two. Any one have any insight or experience with either of these barrels?
            Call Mark at precision firearms. He gives a first time order new member discount.

Call him and get one of his criterion grendel barrels.

Comment

• Rackfreak_210
              Unwashed
              • Jan 2020

Thanks for the info! I appreciate it sir

Comment

• FLshooter
                Chieftain
                • Jun 2019

Originally posted by Rackfreak_210 View Post
                I have 6 Criterion barrels. Four of them were pre-fit barrels from Brownell?s or Optics Planet. The other two were from (Paul) Craddock.All shoot sub MOA with the right ammo.Criterion are great barrels. They don?t require a lot of break in and are always accurate. But if you can afford the extra $200+ ,get a Bartlein.You will be happier in the long run. At 100 yards I can?t notice much of a difference.But at 600 yards my Bartleins excell.
                Really depends on your budget and how long you want to wait. A $270 criterion 22 inch 6.5 Grendel H bar barrel from Brownell?s will get you good results and you will have it within a week. Same with 18 inch Criterion Hybrid.
                But if you want a Criterion heavy bull barrel ,you need to order from Paul Craddock or Mark ,precision firearms. Both will run around $350. Both will take 6 to 8 weeks to get to you. I have ordered from both and I have been happy with both.

Comment

• mel
                  Chieftain
                  • Nov 2019

have a wilson 20for my grendel , and a wilson 22 for my one creed no compliants on either

and with hornaday black

Comment

• Old Bob
                    Warrior
                    • Oct 2019

Originally posted by windomhunter View Post
                    New to to the forum looking for information and accuracy results on Wilson Combat barrels for the Grendel. I was thinking of using the recon tactical 20" barrel for my first Grendel build this winter. Looking to build a coyote / bench gun with good accuracy (3/4 Moa or better) are the barrels capable? If there are better options for barrels in the $300 price range I'd be open to them as well.
                    I have the same Wilson barrel. Waiting on a new Precision Arms side charging upper for it now. If my other Wilson barrels, in different calibers, are any indication, it will be a sub MOA shooter. Wilson barrels are primero!
                    I refuse to be victimized by notions of virtuous behavior.

Comment

• plt228
                      Bloodstained
                      • Feb 2016

How bad is the weight on that 20? barrel. I?m waiting for Wilson to run another sale on their barrels. Trying to decide between the 18 or 20.

Comment

• mel
                        Chieftain
                        • Nov 2019

Originally posted by plt228 View Post
                        How bad is the weight on that 20? barrel. I?m waiting for Wilson to run another sale on their barrels. Trying to decide between the 18 or 20.
                        my whole build wieghs 11.2 pounds loaded with a 3 pound night scope on it

Comment

• Old Bob
                          Warrior
                          • Oct 2019

Originally posted by plt228 View Post
                          How bad is the weight on that 20" barrel. I'm waiting for Wilson to run another sale on their barrels. Trying to decide between the 18 or 20.
                          My rifle weighs 9.5lbs with a Vortex 4x16 scope on it... without a loaded mag.
                          I refuse to be victimized by notions of virtuous behavior.

Comment

• Chance-dg
                            Warrior
                            • Apr 2019

I just built an 18" Hunter wt. fluted WC Grendel barrel but haven't started to break it in yet. I will post on its performance as I get it settled in. Its on an AP October builders set and is very light and handy. If it shoots as great as it looks and handles (which I expect) it will be a great hunting rig.

Comment

Working...
                            X