• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • okiecat
    Warrior
    • Sep 2017

Need a little or lot of help?!

This is my first build. I know I should have started with a beater .223 but I don't roll that way. So I bought the group buy barrel and bolt. Now on Blk Friday I loaded up the cart with most everything I could think of that I needed. The main thing I didn't get is a bolt carrier for the bolt I have. Hope Im correct on what I need. Will go thru rest of stuff if needed. Please correct me on what I need to get for my bare bolt. Thanks Cant wait to get started. Everything should be here late next wk. i hope.
  • Drillboss
    Warrior
    • Jan 2015

Hey okiecat,

I assume you're located somewhere just north of Texas. Any AR15 bolt carrier should work fine with the group buy bolt. I think my first one was a DPMS from Midway. Don't forget to order a firing pin, cam pin, and retaining cotter key. I made that mistake. LGS bailed me out.

Luck!

Comment

• okiecat
      Warrior
      • Sep 2017

yep down here by Ft Sill. Thanks for info, thats why I posted. Didn't know what I needed. Been getting stuff on line from a few sites. Figured I wasn't supposed to name them.

Comment

• Redomen
        Warrior
        • Jun 2016

Since it is cyber Monday you can find one on sale. I purchased a complete 5.56 bolt carrier group on sale and used the carrier for my Group buy bolt and tossed the 5.56 bolt in my parts box to use as a spare.

Comment

• Texas
          Chieftain
          • Jun 2016

You can find a 6.5 Grendel II BCG for about 70 bucks and have a spare bolt. Look at PrimaryArms, Delta Tactical, KM Tactical, and BCA.

Comment

• okiecat
            Warrior
            • Sep 2017

thanks Texas thats a good plan. Will start searching. See Ya

Comment

• Drillboss
              Warrior
              • Jan 2015

Originally posted by okiecat View Post
              yep down here by Ft Sill. Thanks for info, thats why I posted. Didn't know what I needed. Been getting stuff on line from a few sites. Figured I wasn't supposed to name them.
              Dad grew up just south of Lawton. I've spent some time down that way.

Comment

• Kswhitetails
                Chieftain
                • Oct 2016

I was born in Altus. Small world.
                Nothing kills the incentive of men faster than a healthy sense of entitlement. Nothing kills entitlement faster than a healthy sense of achievement.

Comment

• okiecat
                  Warrior
                  • Sep 2017

It is a small world I think this area raises alot of good shooters and hunters lol Im north of Ft Sill at edge of slick hills Thru the gap. This part of state has turned into the cotton oasis. Anyway thanks guys I bought a tool craft 65 on Arm n Ally. Use Right to Bear also Im sure Im going to need some more help once I start.

Comment

• 1Shot
                    Warrior
                    • Feb 2018

Some of my ancestors followed Davy Crocket and went to Texas but they could not find a tree to take a pee behind so they came back to the mountains of TN.

Primary Arms and joeboboutdoors.com is having sales right now that have some real savings. Might take a look.

Comment

• okiecat
                      Warrior
                      • Sep 2017

yep 1Shot, Ive been all over these sights, Im broke!!! Cant look anymore. thanks

Comment

• 1Shot
                        Warrior
                        • Feb 2018

Me too. I picked up a 1-6 primaryarms scope with the ACSS reticle and a mount to put on my A4 style AR 5.56 and saved around $140. I have one of the 1-8 scopes like this on one of my Grendels and I really like it. Set on 1X it is basically a red dot but then you can crank it up to 8x and have plenty of magnification for deer etc. out to 300 yards which is about as far as I can shoot where I hunt with that rifle.

Comment

Working...
                        X