• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Blake Eckard
    Unwashed
    • Dec 2018

Maxim Firearms - Are they still in Business? - Bolt Order No Response

Does anyone know if Maxim Firearms is still in business? I ordered a Left Hand 6.5G bolt online via their website on Nov. 1st. and have heard nothing from several phone calls and e-mail inquiries. My credit card was charged that day but no delivery or response to my inquiries. It has been 6 weeks since my order. Are they out of business or has the owner closed it down? I realize with left hand bolts there may be delays or building them in batches but would have expected to hear back from them if that is the case. If anyone knows the situation with them I would appreciate a answer.
    Thank you
    B. Eckard
  • jaybee1669
    Bloodstained
    • Mar 2018

Originally posted by Blake Eckard View Post
    Does anyone know if Maxim Firearms is still in business? I ordered a Left Hand 6.5G bolt online via their website on Nov. 1st. and have heard nothing from several phone calls and e-mail inquiries. My credit card was charged that day but no delivery or response to my inquiries. It has been 6 weeks since my order. Are they out of business or has the owner closed it down? I realize with left hand bolts there may be delays or building them in batches but would have expected to hear back from them if that is the case. If anyone knows the situation with them I would appreciate a answer.
    Thank you
    B. Eckard
    They got a lot of dicey over priced knockoff optics on their site. Seems questionable.

Comment

• BluntForceTrauma
      Administrator
      • Feb 2011

Can't answer your direct question, but my impression from having met Frank of Maxim at SHOT Show was that he was a stand-up guy. A little crusty and cantankerous considering how young he is, but I'd say that's part of his charm.

I'm pretty sure he gets very busy at times, so I'd keep trying.
      :: 6.5 GRENDEL Deer and Targets :: 6mmARC Targets and Varmints and Deer :: 22 ARC Varmints and Targets

:: I Drank the Water :: Revelation 21:6 ::

Comment

• muvef
        Warrior
        • Mar 2017

Just curious, has your order been filled?

I have two bolts from them and may order a third. Well worth the price.

Comment

• Blake Eckard
          Unwashed
          • Dec 2018

Muvef
          Yes, the LH bolt came USPS Friday 12/22. I am using it in the 6.5 Grendel I built for NRA Highpower matches. The bolt is very nicely machined and finished. I am happy with it and will order another. I guess taking 6-7 weeks to arrive must have been maybe Maxim was behind in Left Hand bolt orders or he makes them in batches. Regardless I am very pleased with the bolt.

I am using Sierra 120 HPBT, 123 HPBT and Hornady ELD 123, Powder 8208 and RL 15. First test results are 10 shot groups off the bench at 200 yards are 1.75" to 2". The x-ring on the 200 yard SR is 3 inches so the rifle is well within that.
          Using CCI BR4 match primers. Barrel is a Satern/Liberty 28" SS 1-8 twist 5R rifling. WOA 2.25" Match Rifle float tube with WOA Adjustable Buttstock. Stag Arms LH upper receiver, bolt carrier, and lower. Match rifle Geiselle trigger set at 2 lbs. Leupold 6-18X AR scope with M1 target knobs.

Comment

• muvef
            Warrior
            • Mar 2017

Thanks for the update.

Comment

Working...
            X