• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • MaineAR
    Warrior
    • Sep 2018

So it begins...

After seeing how accurate my buddies PSA 18” upper is and doing more research on the Grendel, I decided I “NEEDED” one (or two, eventually) for myself. I already had a few parts for an upper, which then began to produce other parts. I was able to secure a PSA 12” nitride barrel from another member here. I have a Toolcraft 6.5 bolt assembly as well as a 13” MLOK handguard and upper from Grendel Hunter on the way right now. I already have a pistol lower, so that’s all set. I just don’t have an optic yet... My use for this will be blasting with Wolf mainly. But I have a few areas I hunt that are close and confined, so I think this will work perfectly with some SST or Fusions. So I was thinking about going with a PA 2.5x prism scope when funds allow.

This will be a new experience for me as I am HEAVILY invested in the 7.62x39 as it’s my favorite round. I am open to broadening my horizons (and inventory)... I’ll post pics once it’s assembled.
    Last edited by MaineAR; 12-23-2018, 10:36 PM.
  • grayfox
    Chieftain
    • Jan 2017

Go for it big guy! Just don't be surprised when the Grrrrr outpaces your russkies....
    just sayin'!!
    "Down the floor, out the door, Go Brandon Go!!!!!"

Comment

• Texas
      Chieftain
      • Jun 2016

Welcome to the forum MainAR. The 7.62 Russian is a very effective round inside of 500 yards. The 6.5 Grendel has this covered very well and quite a distance past that. I have my Sig 2X thermal on a 7.62 Russian and my long range thermal on the Grendel.

Comment

• MaineAR
        Warrior
        • Sep 2018

Yeah, I’m impressed with this round so far. I’m sure it’ll whittle out some of my lesser used x39’s!

Waiting on a final few parts and the pistol will be completed.

Comment

• Kilco
          Chieftain
          • Jan 2016

Hey a fellow Mainer!!

You will love the Grendel. It's like the 7.62x39 on steroids.

I love me some 7.62/5.45x39...

I have a very old video of my father taking a bull moose with his truck gun, a Ruger mini 30 with some soft point handloads.

Only a 100 yard poke, but it anchored that bull like God reaches down and jerked the batteries right out of him.

Comment

• MaineAR
            Warrior
            • Sep 2018

That sounds like a heck of a story I love th Mini-30, just don’t own one....yet. I saw that a 12 y/o girl took a Moose this last season at 96 yds with the Grendel. It was on Trident Armory’s Facebook page. They are local to me here in the Bangor area. That got me looking harder at th Grendel and my buddy’s Grendel sold me on it!

Comment

• Kilco
              Chieftain
              • Jan 2016

Originally posted by MaineAR View Post
              That sounds like a heck of a story I love th Mini-30, just don’t own one....yet. I saw that a 12 y/o girl took a Moose this last season at 96 yds with the Grendel. It was on Trident Armory’s Facebook page. They are local to me here in the Bangor area. That got me looking harder at th Grendel and my buddy’s Grendel sold me on it!
              Holy crap man, you just took me on a crazy trip down nostalgia lane!

This sounds too ironic to tell, but get this!

I'm from up north in the county. 4-5 years ago on a trip to Portland for my polygraph test for customs I stopped at trident armory and sold them my Glock model 20 to fund my very first Grendel build. They were new at the time, and I told them what I was doing and talked about the Grendel cartridge. I think the only variant they were really into at the time was the 450 Bushmaster.

It's crazy that they are advertising the Grendel nowdays, and although they would have caught on eventually anyways, I cant help but feel a wee tiny bit of pride to hear your tale.

Thanks man!

Comment

• MaineAR
                Warrior
                • Sep 2018

James at Trident is a good guy. I don’t think he does the Grendel yet, I think he posted the story as it was a friend of his or something.

Back in the day, I bought one of their .450 Bushmaster barrels and bolts when I was naive enough to think I’d get selected in the Moose lottery. That barrel shot very well for me but I ditched it to buy something I would actually use.

Comment

Working...
                X