• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mad Charlie
    Warrior
    • May 2017

Flash Hider

Does anyone know where I can source an A2 style flash hider in 6.5 with 5/8x24 threads?

Merry Christmas to all.
  • AZHTfreak
    Warrior
    • Jan 2017

Originally posted by Mad Charlie View Post
    Does anyone know where I can source an A2 style flash hider in 6.5 with 5/8x24 threads?

Merry Christmas to all.
    Search 'A2 5/8x24' and/or search the same on fleabay, can't throw a rock and not find one for 7.62... Haven't seen any A2s specific to 6.5... Change your default search engine to duckduckgo.com (screw Google). May you and yours have a wonderful celebration of Christ's birth.
    DOJ+FBI+IRS+AFT=NKVD. Joe Stalin and Lavrentiy Pavlovich Beria are tap dancing in hell right now...

Comment

• Mad Charlie
      Warrior
      • May 2017

I never use google, and yes there are tons of them for .30 cal.
      Merry Christmas to you too.

Comment

• A5BLASTER
        Chieftain
        • Mar 2015

I don't think anyone makes a a2 flash hider in 6.5mm. The standard 30cal a2 flash hider should work just fine, it has for me.

Comment

• Mad Charlie
          Warrior
          • May 2017

AA supplies an A2 for 6.5, but in 9/16x24 thread. There are A2's in 5.56 available in 5/8x24, I guess I could get one of those and ream or bore it. Or just get a .30 cal.

Comment

• A5BLASTER
            Chieftain
            • Mar 2015

Oh yea I forgot about the one AA sells.

The 30 cal will probably be easyier and cheaper. Not sure why you want it to be 6.5 mm instead of 30 cal? It's not going to do anymore for you if it's 6.5mm bored instead of 30 cal.

The increase in performance in muzzle brakes when they are bored to 6.5 mm instead of 30 cal isn't that much of a increase.

Might be a thread adaptor you could buy to use the AA flash hider on 5/8x24 threads.

Comment

• Mad Charlie
              Warrior
              • May 2017

The idea at this point is to reduce weight at the end of the barrel, but I really don't want to just use a thread protector.

Comment

• Londerko
                Warrior
                • Apr 2018

Get a 30 cal A2 flash hider
                Abasolutly no reason to spend more on a specific 6.5 one

Comment

• A5BLASTER
                  Chieftain
                  • Mar 2015

Originally posted by Mad Charlie View Post
                  The idea at this point is to reduce weight at the end of the barrel, but I really don't want to just use a thread protector.
                  If that's the case a 30 cal a2 flash hider will weight less then one bored for 6.5 mm. They will both be the same length and width but the 30cal will have a larger around bore section.

Comment

• Sinclair
                    Warrior
                    • Feb 2018

I have Vltor VC-301, it is an extended A2 type bored for .30 cal and comes with 5/8 x 24 threads. On a dark, moonless night I fired one round out in my back yard and there was NO discernible flash. It comes with a crush washer, but I would get a set of graduated spacers, much easier to use.
                    "A Patriot must always be ready to defend his Country against his government"
                    Edward Abbey

"Stay out of trouble, Never give up, Never give in, Watch you're six, Hold the line, Stay Frosty."
                    Dr. Sabastian Gorka, Hungarian by birth, American Patriot by Beliefs.

Comment

• Mad Charlie
                      Warrior
                      • May 2017

I hear you on that crush washer, I was installing a AA brake with that setup, wound up having to take the washer down on the surface grinder. It was obviously going to take more torque to time than I wanted to use on it.

It's no big deal for me to custom make a muzzle device, but it is a lot cheaper to buy one.

Comment

• A5BLASTER
                        Chieftain
                        • Mar 2015

Crushwasher yuke gross gag, I got to go wash my mouse off now lol.

Ditch the crushwasher and get a pack of accuwashers from precision armements same people make the m4-72 severe duty brake.

Once you time a muzzle device with a accuwasher and a lil blue locktite with zero to 5 lbs or less of torque you will never want to use a crushwasher again.

Comment

• Mad Charlie
                          Warrior
                          • May 2017

Trust me, I won't be using crush washers, and I do use blue locktite.

Thanks for the steer on the Accuwashers.

Comment

Working...
                          X