Unwashed
    • Jan 2019

First Build

Start of my first AR build. What I have planned so far:

Spikes lower
    PSA lower parts kit
    Aero M4E1 Enhanced Upper
    Aero Quantum M-Lok Handguards

Still working out plans for barrel, BCG, gas block and muzzle. Will be an 18" barrel, that's all I know for sure.

Have some pics, but need to resize them to upload. Will post those when I can.

Any suggestions for barrel, BCG, gas block and muzzle are welcome.

Also, am I going to run into any issues with the 'stock' buffer and spring with this build?
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Griff; 01-26-2019, 01:11 AM.
  • Rangerofthenorth
    Warrior
    • Dec 2018

Toolcraft or Brownells bcgs work great and cost little. Faxon gas block or Ballistic Advantage. Aero Precision VG65 muzzle device makes my 16" mid length Alexander Arms barrel purr like a kitten. I use a standard carbine buffer but your needs may differ according to your barrel. I'd see how it runs with a carbine buffer first and go heavier if need be.
    Last edited by Rangerofthenorth; 01-26-2019, 12:54 AM.

Comment

• A5BLASTER
      Chieftain
      • Mar 2015

I second the AA 16 inch barrel. Mine also runs perfectly with a carbine buffer and spring. Adjustable gas and rtb lowmass bcg with a group buy bolt.

Precision armements sells a thread adaptor if you want to use a muzzle device that has 5/8x24 threads, I use their accuwasher system with all my muzzle devices works great and top shelf product and quality.

Comment

Working...
      X