• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • vicrider
    Unwashed
    • Apr 2019

First Grendel

My first grendel. It has not been to the range yet, maybe next week. The barrel is a wilson combat 20" recon tactical. The bolt is from
    brownells and the carrier is a wmd. the lower receiver is a savage msr and trigger is a rock river arms 2 stage. stock and grip is magpul. Upper receiver is a mystery, don't know where I got it. Have not heard much on the wilson combat grendel barrel so i'm excited to see how it does.

thumbnail (8).jpg
  • BCHunter
    Warrior
    • Jan 2018

Welcome, Nice build, the Wilson combat barrels have only been available a short time,...we all would appreciate your review on them.

Comment

• vicrider
      Unwashed
      • Apr 2019

Originally posted by BCHunter View Post
      Welcome, Nice build, the Wilson combat barrels have only been available a short time,...we all would appreciate your review on them.
      Thanks, I will let you all know how it goes.

Comment

• Jeepster18_88
        Warrior
        • Feb 2019

What handguard is that? It looks super light. It looks like it should be a good all around rifle. I like it.

Comment

• vicrider
          Unwashed
          • Apr 2019

Originally posted by Jeepster18_88 View Post
          What handguard is that? It looks super light. It looks like it should be a good all around rifle. I like it.
          Thanks. The handgaurd is actually a cheap ebay item I had from another project, For what it is and what it cost ($45 I think) its not bad, and its light.

Comment

• vicrider
            Unwashed
            • Apr 2019

I have managed to take this out to the range a couple times, just to a 50 yard line. will get it out to 100 later this week if the weather allows it. The first time out it seemed to be under gassed, it never malfunctioned but would throw the cases at about 5:30. I replaced the buffer with a slightly lighter one, seems to be alittle better. I also replaced the scope and mount to a Vortex 3-18x44 strike eagle and a warne mount from the leupold vx freedom 3-9x40 and leupold mount that is pictured in the original post. The scope was adjusted to zero in 3 shots,( I had bore sighted it at home). This is the best 5 shot group but the rest were not much worse, really happy with the results so far.Rounds used were hornady black
            thumbnail (16).jpgthumbnail (17).jpg

Comment

• VASCAR2
              Chieftain
              • Mar 2011

Nice looking rifle, thanks for posting.

Comment

• vicrider
                Unwashed
                • Apr 2019

Managed to get out to the 100 yard line for a little bit today. I think the wilson combat barrel is going to be a good one. This is a 5 shot group with 123 grain hornady black.

thumbnail (18).jpg

Comment

• Kswhitetails
                  Chieftain
                  • Oct 2016

Nothing kills the incentive of men faster than a healthy sense of entitlement. Nothing kills entitlement faster than a healthy sense of achievement.

Comment

• munchie3409
                    Bloodstained
                    • Mar 2016

Any updated groups from your WC barrel?

Comment

• Popeye212
                      Chieftain
                      • Jan 2018

Very nice!

Comment

Working...