• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Deep Six
    Unwashed
    • Mar 2019

Toolcraft BCG Length Report

I just received a Toolcraft complete BCG from Joe Bob's. I measured the bolt and it's 2.810" long. Just figured I'd report on it because some folks were getting short bolts from Toolcraft so I wanted to add my data point.

I just finished assembling the rifle it goes in. It's an Anderson lower, Brownells upper, PSA EPT parts kit, faxon gunner 16" midlength barrel, A2 FSB w/ UTG super slim rear sight, and Magpul MOE stocks and handguard in flat dark earth. Fired it for the first time today. It's plenty accurate to hit a 6" a gong at 100 yards with boring repetition, even with the Wolf ammo. I was also pleasantly surprised at how hard Grendel hits. It's obviously a significant upgrade over .223/5.56. I'm already planning the next build lol!
    Last edited by Deep Six; 04-21-2019, 04:30 AM.
  • VASCAR2
    Chieftain
    • Mar 2011

Thanks for the info Deep Six which confirms other reports on recent manufacture Toolcraft bolts. Careful, 6.5 Grendel have a way of multiplying, I have four AR-15’s, a Cz 527 American and an AR-15 pistol all in 6.5 Grendel. I have two of the Group Buy Faxon barrels and I really like mine.

Comment

• Kevinohio
      Bloodstained
      • Jan 2019

Originally posted by Deep Six View Post
      I just received a Toolcraft complete BCG from Joe Bob's. I measured the bolt and it's 2.810" long. Just figured I'd report on it because some folks were getting short bolts from Toolcraft so I wanted to add my data point.

I just finished assembling the rifle it goes in. It's an Anderson lower, Brownells upper, PSA EPT parts kit, faxon gunner 16" midlength barrel, A2 FSB w/ UTG super slim rear sight, and Magpul MOE stocks and handguard in flat dark earth. Fired it for the first time today. It's plenty accurate to hit a 6" a gong at 100 yards with boring repetition, even with the Wolf ammo. I was also pleasantly surprised at how hard Grendel hits. It's obviously a significant upgrade over .223/5.56. I'm already planning the next build lol!
      I just bought you toolcraft BCG complete.what part is short and what should it be?

Comment

• Deep Six
        Unwashed
        • Mar 2019

A standard AR bolt is 2.800 long with a .125" bolt face recess depth. Since the grendels use a .136" bolt face recess depth, going to a .010 longer bolt (2.810" length) allows use of a standard AR15 firing pin.

Some earlier Toolcraft bolts were the standard 2.800" length and had custom .010" short firing pins as a result. While this works great, it is undesirable because it makes procurement of a replacement firing pin difficult.

The latest Toolcraft bolts, mine included, have been measuring the preferred 2.810".

Comment

Working...
        X