• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Kevinohio
    Bloodstained
    • Jan 2019

5/8-24 flash hider or muzzle brake?

I was wondering what muzzle brake or flash hider is best.iv noticed most ones i see is for a 308.is this what is used on the 6.5 Grendel ?
  • A5BLASTER
    Chieftain
    • Mar 2015

Yes.

Comment

• drewthebrave
      Warrior
      • Aug 2016

The most popular and widely respected voice in America for your gun rights, breaking 2nd Amendment news, and everything else you need to know as a gun owner...

Comment

• armedferret
        Unwashed
        • Jan 2019

The best muzzle device is always either a suppressor or a mount *for* a suppressor.

Comment

• grayfox
          Chieftain
          • Jan 2017

Originally posted by Kevinohio View Post
          I was wondering what muzzle brake or flash hider is best.iv noticed most ones i see is for a 308.is this what is used on the 6.5 Grendel ?
          Which one is best for you is a matter of opinion. TTAG and the PRS web pages have studies on many MB's (PRS does one of theirs exclusively on 6.5's... plus the observation that most of the top 50 PRS shooters use either a suppressor or a brake), but ultimately you need to choose what you want to do, from performance and cost and aesthetics.

There are 6.5 caliber muzzle brakes from several vendors. A 308 brake will also work with only a little reduction in its performance.
          I tend to favor these studies that have some kind of objective measuring standard, rather than one that's mostly word of mouth.
          "Down the floor, out the door, Go Brandon Go!!!!!"

Comment

• NightFisher
            Bloodstained
            • Jan 2018

I just run a thread protector on my Grendels, not too worried about the flash giving my position away to the Hogs and Coyotes and running a brake on this little cartridge is kind of like putting a butt-pad on a .410. I end up with a nice handy 16" overall length barrel without having to weld pins in or buy tax stamps.

Comment

Working...
            X