• Feb 2016

Did you get the jpscs h2?

Comment

• Klem
      Chieftain
      • Aug 2013

Hi Mossyoak,

Using an adjustable gas is a good idea.

The energy for loading the next round comes from the compressed spring, not the gas. Turning down the gas will only affect the loading part of the cycle and empty-mag lock-back if the BCG doesn't travel all the way to the rear. The gas pushes against the spring and stores energy in it but once that has dropped below the springs energy the spring takes over and it's all up to the spring. So, if you can turn down that gas to just when the spring is fully compressed but no more...perfect!

Comment

• Texas
        Chieftain
        • Jun 2016

You need an adjustable gas block. When we were making piston uppers, there were two notches on the front of the piston, one was for normal use and the other was suppressed which reduced the gas. There was actually a third notch to turn it into a hand operation.

Comment

• Mossyoakman3006
          Unwashed
          • Mar 2017

Comment

• Mad Charlie
            Warrior
            • May 2017

It seems that I have read numerous threads or posts regarding pressure signs with Hornady Black.
            That particular ammo might be higher pressure in general. Might be worth trying different factory ammo to see if those pressure signs persist.

Comment

• CaptnC
              Warrior
              • May 2018

I use a lot of range brass in my Grendel's so I see a lot of brass fired from other guns. I'm assuming, it's Hornady Black because I too have read that many guys see brass that is roughed up...that is a factory loaded ammo.

I have limited experience with piston system an my can is still a few months away from being released from jail. But the Osprey system does recommend a lighter spring.

I've never heard of BCG timing being a cause of pressure signs on a case head.

Comment

• CaptnC
                Warrior
                • May 2018

OMT on case head pressure signs. I reload an I try to load to "book velocity" to avoid going over the pressure limits of the AR platform. I never see case heads that look like Hornady Black ammo.

I had bought two boxes of Black for break in an brass in my first Grendel. I seen a little signs on the case head, but not like I see from some rifles.

I like the idea of trying another ammo with your gas block opened up a bit.

DNS (Dirty Nasty Spy) runs the same piston system. That system runs great in his videos.

Comment

• Bigs28
                  Chieftain
                  • Feb 2016

With your superlative gas block are you using the blow off feature or the choke gas down feature?

Comment

• A5BLASTER
                    Chieftain
                    • Mar 2015

OP. Double check to see if the gas block is in the correct position over the gas port, before you do anything else.

Comment

• Matt.Cross
                      Unwashed
                      • Feb 2019

Hornady Black runs rather tamely in my Grendel build. Aero upper/lower, Ballistic Advantage 18" barrel w/ rifle gas, and SLR Sentry titanium AGB. I'm also shooting suppressed, with an Ops Inc 12th .30 Cal suppressor.

Comment

• snarkscarbine
                        Bloodstained
                        • Jan 2019

Comment

Working...
                        X