• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • VaHunter00
    Unwashed
    • Mar 2018

6.5->6mm grendel

I'll start off by saying I don't know much at all about the AR platform. I've been a bolt action guy all my life.

Last year I ordered a Larue Tactical UU kit and put it on a PSA lower.

Shoots fine, but I'm less than enamored with the round. (I'm in the wrong forum then, right??)

I have several bolt rifles in various 6mm cartridges, so I'm sitting on a pile of 6mm bullets. I would love to grab a barrel for the Larue chambered in one of the 6mm Gren variations.

Any advice you guys could give me, I'm all ears.

I'm assuming my bolt will not work?

I'm considering this barrel: (opinions)

I'd like to find someone I could order the bolt and barrel both from, but I'm trying not to dump a ton of cash into this project.

Also, is my barrel and bolt (if the bolt won't work with a 6mm barrel) worth much? Recouping a bit of the money I'll be spending would be awesome.

Thanks
  • A5BLASTER
    Chieftain
    • Mar 2015

It's the same case just necked down too 6mm.

Order a barrel from a shop that has 6mm blanks and have them chamber it with a sammi grendel reamer from mason's and babamm 6mm grendel.

Hope you find the muzzle velocity your looking for.

Comment

• VASCAR2
      Chieftain
      • Mar 2011

Precision Firearms was going to do a group buy and might be worth considering his 6 mm Grendel.

Here is a link to the thread on a 6 mm Grendel group buy. I didn’t take time to read the complete thread so I can’t remember if they ever started the group buy. Mark H from PF posted his opinions in this thread and is probably worth reading.

Is there any interest in a 6mm AR/ 6 grendel barrel group buy? I have been looking for good options for an 18" rifle gas in 8 or 9 tw, and got to thinking that surely I am not the only guy looking. Thoughts?
      Last edited by VASCAR2; 05-20-2019, 02:07 PM.

Comment

Working...
      X