Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Newbie Build ???

Greetings,

I have a question for you guys who have already completed your Grendel builds.

Are any of you using or familiar with Vais muzzle brakes, pros/cons?

I see warped is a regular here maybe he could give me a comparison or a sales pitch???

TIA, Will
    Last edited by Guest; 03-30-2011, 10:38 PM. Reason: fewer questions now

Hey man im a newbie just joining the forum as well. Building my first Grendel not new to ARs but new to the Grendel. Its a fascinating little ballistic. I myself bought the Alexander Arms upper. Its beefy and well made. If you buy it you wont be disapointed. Vltor makes a billet upper but its not side charging. The LAR-Grizzly Ops 4 billet is side charging and i believe it charges from both sides. I think there are some others but im not sure if there side charging or not. But you cant really beat the price and the quality of the alexander arms upper since it comes with a chrome bolt carrier. The others you have to buy one for them and you will spend alot more that way. Mr Alexander had got what you need. Trust me when your holding it in your hands youll be happy. I was lol.

Keith.

Comment

Thanks Keith,

I've already purchased a Satern barrel so I'm pretty set on building my own upper assembly. Thanks for the tip on LAR receiver that's one I've missed and will check it out.

Will

Comment

I am Assembling a 6.5 grendel. I have a Mega Machine billet upper with side charge handle. I also have the young chrome carrier with a side charging handle both purchased from ranier arms. I can tell you they are top quality and you would not be disappointed with them. I am not sure but AA'S billet upper with the side charge shure looks an awfull lot like mega's? I do not know if AA has contracted with Mega for their billet upper ? You might check with Bill Alexander on that one. Very nice products Carrier and upper fit very well.

Comment

Willd ive purchased a satern barrel as well. But i bought the Alexander Arms upper receiver to connect to my barrel. They are about 340 or so. But as i said it comes with the bolt carrier chromed. And im pretty sure like Roto Prop says its basically a Mega Machine billet upper they are pretty much identical. Happy building.

Comment

Roto and Kamrr,

I saw the similarity between the Mega and the AA too and thought the same. I've also looked at the LAR Grizzly which is available billet or forged. It is my understanding that the forged is a bit stronger?? I've also looked at Young's BCG and like what I saw. Right now the forged Grizzly is looking good to me, it comes with a chrome BCG! I got one of Satern's long barrels so the extra strength of the forged may be important??

I plan on having some long range target fun with my Grendel as well as hunting deer, hogs, and turkey with it sometimes.

Thanks guys, Will

Comment

Yeah, AA definitely uses Mega uppers. AA's new piston uppers are built with the mega monolithic upper, and the side charge upper is mega as well.

Comment

Working...
              X