• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • FLshooter
    Chieftain
    • Jun 2019

Squirrel Daddy roll pin starter punch 4 pc set

A couple weeks ago there was a post about installing roll pins.I own a couple of Grace Roll pin holder sets.But,they are pricey at $30 set.
    Clem recommended using a T25 security torx bit.And that is a great idea.But,I like having specialty tools because there is nothing like having the exact tool.
    This Squirrel Daddy set is USA made and was made especially for installing AR15 roll pins.It is $11(delivered)on Amazon.Comes w/4-3? roll pin starter/holders.
    This set will do every roll pin on an AR15 complete build.
  • lazyengineer
    Chieftain
    • Feb 2019

Thanks!

I will say, if you're going to be installing roll pins in building AR-15's, you really want to get both types of punch sets to have smooth sailing. The hollow-tip for getting them started, and then the ball-tip, to progress them. You can "make it work" with just one set, or even with whatever you have on hand. You can do it with an inkpen and the back of a crescent wrench. But for smoothest operations, this is what you want:

Here's a set:

4x P100

Comment

• Popeye212
      Chieftain
      • Jan 2018

All I have to add is DON'T buy Wheeler punches next set will be good ones.

Comment

• FLshooter
        Chieftain
        • Jun 2019

I have 2 grace tool sets of holders and a grace set of roll pin punches.They leave nothing to be desired.But they are a bit on the pricy side.$30+ For each set
        I frequent a tactical gun shop that a friend of mine runs.They do builds and repairs.I’ve used his Squirrel daddy roll pin holders.And they work as well as the Grace tools roll pin holders.Maybe better.
        The Squirrel Daddy are USA made.Work on all AR15 roll pins.And very affordable.

Comment

• Popeye212
          Chieftain
          • Jan 2018

If I do any more serious AR work I will be looking for the Grace or Squirrel Daddy stuff. Way things are going may be getting another lower the way things are going. Going cheap is NOT the way to go on small punches and starters even if you have to buy them singly. IMHO Bending three of them finally convinced me.

Comment

• lazyengineer
            Chieftain
            • Feb 2019

Good point on going cheap. Cheap bends fast - real fast.
            4x P100

Comment

• Popeye212
              Chieftain
              • Jan 2018

Originally posted by lazyengineer View Post
              Good point on going cheap. Cheap bends fast - real fast.
              And no you can't straighten them back out in a vise. They bend right back....ROFL

Comment

• GREYBUFF
                Warrior
                • Nov 2018

My sentiments exactly on the Wheeler's.....
                I thought about selling my weapons back to the government, but after a thorough background check it was determined that the buyer has a long history of violence and is mentally unstable. Therefore could not pass NICS.

Comment

• Schrambo
                  Warrior
                  • Oct 2016

Big fan of the Squirrel Daddy stuff... Quality made, reasonable prices...

Comment

Working...
                  X