• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • dacrafts
    Unwashed
    • Jun 2019

grendel pistol barrel

im building a 6.5 grendel pistol and needing opinions and advice on selecting a barrel , looking at alexander arms stainless 11.5 barrel and odin arms 12" stainless ,
    the odin has a slimer profile and has a 3/4 gas block journal hand lapped and can be bought as a package , barrel adj gas block bolt and carrier group , the alexander barrel says it has some good features as well , the gas block journal is 7/8" with a heavier profile which will ad weight , which wont be a concern , the odin has 1/8 and the alexander has 1/7.5 twist, im wanting to go with the one that will be of best quality and more accurate , id like to buy once and right , also if there is another brand beside these to look at im open for suggestions , thank you for any and all help
  • A5BLASTER
    Chieftain
    • Mar 2015

My personal choice would be the AA barrel. My 16 inch AA barrel just shoots everything great.

Comment

• Bigs28
      Chieftain
      • Feb 2016

See if one of the lilja group buys are available. If not call precision firearms. Like a5 said aa is a good option but if they are using the 9/16 thread pitch i would not get one. If you do i have a millennium compensator for sale that will fit on it.

Comment

• A5BLASTER
        Chieftain
        • Mar 2015

Originally posted by Bigs28 View Post
        See if one of the lilja group buys are available. If not call precision firearms. Like a5 said aa is a good option but if they are using the 9/16 thread pitch i would not get one. If you do i have a millennium compensator for sale that will fit on it.
        I think they changed everything out to 5/8x24 threads. Some of their products state they did and some say it's still the old thread pattern but when I called and asked they said it had 5/8x24 threads.

Only thing I don't like about the AA pistol barrel is the .825 gas block size it says it uses.

Comment

Working...
        X