• Popeye212
    Chieftain
    • Jan 2018

What Bigs ^ said.

Comment

• VASCAR2
      Chieftain
      • Mar 2011

I bet that barrel will be a good shooter!

Comment

• Djgrendel
        Warrior
        • Feb 2016

You will be pleased! Good choice
        Yard work is not an excuse!

Comment

• FLshooter
          Chieftain
          • Jun 2019

Originally posted by Klem View Post
          How many rounds in a group? Does it shoot sub-1/2" groups on average or is this your best group?
          W/Criterion 1/2? is average (5 shot groups)w/hand loads.
          Yesterday,I was shooting some 123g ELDM handloads w/8208 powder w/my 6.5 Grendel Bartlien.I was amazed,1/4? and 3/8? 10 shot groups! Paul Craddock recently gave me a follow up call to see how my barrel was working out and he gave me a recipe . He also told me to seat my bullets at 2.250? . He said that Bartlien barrel likes a 1 mm jump.To my own amazement the man was right !
          Instead of buying a new target rifle ,I think I?m going to start replacing all my barrels with Krieger or Bartlien. The extra money is worth it because I don?t have to put all that effort and 300 round break in period into a barrel,to see if it?s even a shooter. Krieger and Bartlien start shooting sub moa after a 5 rd sight in!
          Don?t get me wrong I still like my criterions ,and they have their place .They are light enough to take into the woods ,my 22 inch hbar is a great hunting rifle.And it does hold its own for target shooting also.
          But there is a reason why the higher end barrels cost $550 in the criterions cost just $300
          Last edited by FLshooter; 10-07-2019, 08:40 PM.

Comment

Working...
          X