X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • VASCAR2
    Chieftain
    • Mar 2011

You lapped the upper so the bolt should be seating in the barrel extension square. Is the barrel over gassed, do you know the diameter of the gas port and are you using an adjustable gas block? The 16 inch Faxon Group Buy barrels had .078 inch gas port set at mid length. Are you using a suppressor and what buffer and spring are you using?

Comment

• phishfood
      Warrior
      • Jul 2017

Using a SLR adjustable block, set to hold the bolt open on empty mag, and brass is dropping at 3:30-4 o'clock.

Didn't think to try and measure the port while I had everything apart.

Gas is mid length.

No suppressor.

I believe that the buffer and spring are standard carbine.

Thanks for taking the time to help.

Comment

• VASCAR2
        Chieftain
        • Mar 2011

Sounds like the metal in the extractor might have had a flaw. Massed produced products have a certain percentage of failures. I guess you were unlucky and got a poor quality extractor. In my opinion extractors are like brake pads on a car, they are a wear item and some just last longer than others depending on quality or how hard you use them.
        Last edited by VASCAR2; 11-20-2019, 12:56 PM.

Comment

• phishfood
          Warrior
          • Jul 2017

Kudo post for Faxon.

Contacted them, and they sent out 2 new extractors, postage paid, no charge. Wouldn't even consider taking any money for them.

Comment

• phishfood
            Warrior
            • Jul 2017

Installed a 4-16 Vortex Viper HS in a Burris PEPR mount. Shot it at 50 yards today, printing about 1/2"-5/8" groups at 50 yards.

Comment

Working...
            X