• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • dblazevich
    Bloodstained
    • Aug 2018

Dead Shot Barrels

Hey team,

does anyone have any experience with Dead Shot barrels?

I am looking to get a barrel build in a weird length (13-15") and they seem to offer custom lengths. having a hard timing finding too much info about them.
  • A5BLASTER
    Chieftain
    • Mar 2015

I have never heard of them, maybe one of the members here will know of them.

I would suggest give Mark at PF a call I'm sure he will cut you whatever you would like.

Just don't plan on having it quickly.

Still waiting on my 12.5 barrel I ordered just before thanksgiving.

Comment

• Jake TN
      Bloodstained
      • Nov 2019

I took the gamble and got two of them. One for my build and one for my buddy. He is a good guy, but I have mixed feelings on the barrels. My buddies barrel had no issues. Fit and finish were great and it shoots. He did forget to clean out all the media he uses to clean the barrels. Both barrels both had cerakote in the barrels at the gas block hole. I put slr adjustable gas blocks on both. My buddies fit on after throwing the barrel in the freezer for a couple hours. My barrel did not fit. Freezer, heating up the gas block, gentle tapping, and not so gentle tapping. Had to take sandpaper to it. So there goes the cerekote finish and repeating the above process I finally got the gas block on. Could have been the barrel or the gas block. I will leave it there and let you make up your own mind.

Comment

• CJW
        Chieftain
        • Jun 2019

A5BLASTER,
        Is that your Criterion barrel...

Thinking about one myself.

Chuck

Comment

• mdram
          Warrior
          • Sep 2016

Originally posted by A5BLASTER View Post
          I have never heard of them, maybe one of the members here will know of them.

I would suggest give Mark at PF a call I'm sure he will cut you whatever you would like.

Just don't plan on having it quickly.

Still waiting on my 12.5 barrel I ordered just before thanksgiving.
          i ordered mine in sept, and last i heard it would be Christmas or later, at least 12 weeks
          just some targets for printing
          https://drive.google.com/drive/folde...xQ?usp=sharing

Comment

• A5BLASTER
            Chieftain
            • Mar 2015

Originally posted by CJW View Post
            A5BLASTER,
            Is that your Criterion barrel...

Thinking about one myself.

Chuck
            Yes.

Comment

• A5BLASTER
              Chieftain
              • Mar 2015

Originally posted by mdram View Post
              i ordered mine in sept, and last i heard it would be Christmas or later, at least 12 weeks
              My barrel was a instock item that only needed to be threaded and engraved then shipped.

Comment

• NebSig
                Bloodstained
                • Sep 2018

Seeing as it has been a long time since any updates to this thread - or anything regarding this barrel manufacturer (finisher?) I thought I would add a more recent update.

I took a chance on a 5.56 barrel from Dead Shot this March - 14.5". I received it much faster than expected or indicated in the order confirmation.

The finish on the outside looked great - FDE cerekote. There was some left over matter from drilling the gas port inside the barrel. A shot or two at the range had the issue removed and looking good. Without going down the road of bore scoping - the inside of the barrel looked crisp, clean, and true without excessive machining left over or finish problems. The shoulder and threads are true and good at the muzzle. The barrel extension was properly done. The barrel installed in my new Gibbz upper without any problems. I was hoping for a thermal fit but I have a simple tight-fit.

I am limited this year in range and range time, so the thing has not been fully broke-in/cleaned. But, after 2 cycles of my break in and clean, it is looking good. Accuracy has been as good as expected, but I have not looked for anything beyond sight-in the optic and putting some rounds downrange. It was roughly MOA with the brief time I have had with it.

After I complete a break-in, I will see what kind of accuracy I am able to achieve with it. Keeping in mind my extremely novice level with these things I do NOT anticipate that the barrel will be my accuracy holdup.

Comment

Working...
                X