X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • therealtrikky
    Bloodstained
    • Jun 2019

Theres been a loose discussion about some of us "locals" getting together at some point in the who knows when future. May be a good opportunity.

Comment

• LRRPF52
      Super Moderator
      • Sep 2014

For suppressed use, I really like the Bootleg Adjustable Carrier where you can choke the gas through the ejection port without having to fuss with the gas block.

I use it on my 12" Grendel with a TBAC Ultra 5.

Especially shooting suppressed, I recommend using a standard M16 weight carrier and as much recoil system spring strength as your load will still lock back the bolt on last round in the lowest temp conditions you will be shooting in.
      NRA Basic, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, RSO

CCW, CQM, DM, Long Range Rifle Instructor

6.5 Grendel Reloading Handbooks & chamber brushes can be found here:

www.AR15buildbox.com

Comment

• AZHTfreak
        Warrior
        • Jan 2017

Originally posted by A5BLASTER View Post
        Drop a standard carbine buffer and spring in it and see how it runs. If it needs more buffer weight. You can pick up tungsten buffer weights cheap and add them to your buffer one at a time and test to see how it goes.
        Go here, you can buy 3 or 6...
        DOJ+FBI+IRS+AFT=NKVD. Joe Stalin and Lavrentiy Pavlovich Beria are tap dancing in hell right now...

Comment

• A5BLASTER
          Chieftain
          • Mar 2015

Originally posted by AZHTfreak View Post
          Yea that's where I got mine from.

Comment

• Lastrites
            Warrior
            • Apr 2017

Bought mine through these guy's, though they seem to have bumped up the price by $2, still $24 w/free shipping. They measured out correctly and have a nice radius on the edge.
            Heavy Tungsten recoil buffer weights that serve as a direct replacement for the stock weights found in your AR15 carbine buffer tube. Get the H3 weight kit!
            Last edited by Lastrites; 12-21-2019, 06:32 PM.

Comment

• therealtrikky
              Bloodstained
              • Jun 2019

Originally posted by Cowdog View Post
              That Pulsar Thermion XP38
              looks like a dandy! Please give a report on it after you take it out hunting. And some video would be nice too.
              Been a while I know.. I haven't really done any "worthwile" videos while out hunting yet (did one but don't wanna talk about it lol). So far I'm very impressed with the XP series Thermion (I haven't used it since the update though). XP38 has a low base zoom (1.8 I think) & base pip of 3x. I can effectively identify anything coyote size & up out to at least 300 yards without issue (bunnies I've been able to id out to 100-150ish yards after watching them for a bit).

Have a Helion XP50 handheld that SHOULD be here this week also & super excited to see how it does for scanning compared to my Armasight Zeus 640 (what we currently use to scan).

To date I've killed 4 yotes in my front yard (I live out in the country) with it, gotta love "breeding season" for them. With my green hunting light it's always spooked the coyotes & kept them at bay & would pull back. Nice being able to walk out lights off mosey up to something to stabilize & plink (2 of the yotes last night) & 6 hogs. I can't begin to express how nice it is to be able to get out & walk within 50 yards of a sounder lights out & start shooting. I was able to stalk in from the direction I figured they came from so they ran slightly off angle right towards me. Down side - I didn't carry an extra mag out with me (lesson learned).

Comment

Working...
              X