• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • El Wray
    Bloodstained
    • Mar 2011

Geissele Triggers...

I'm considering installing a Geissele Hi-Speed Match Rifle trigger on my 6.5 Grendel AR15 for long range competition. Any thoughts???
    "The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but of those who look on and do nothing." Albert Einstein

www.el-wray.blogspot.com
  • RangerRick

I have a Geissele on my Grendel and it is the smoothest trigger I've ever felt. Just be sure to check the rules of the matches you intend to shoot and be sure the particular model you get can be adjusted to the minimum pull for that match.

Matches with trigger pull weight rules will hang a weight on your trigger. If it trips, you can't shoot. Be sure you know how to adjust it on the spot because different temperature conditions, etc. can change the pull a little. You might have to do a quick adjustment to qualify.

Rick

Comment

• LR1955
      Super Moderator
      • Mar 2011

Originally posted by El Wray View Post
      I'm considering installing a Geissele Hi-Speed Match Rifle trigger on my 6.5 Grendel AR15 for long range competition. Any thoughts???
      EW:

Probably the best AR trigger on the market today. Much easier to install and adjust than the Jewell or JP offereings.

Other than that, not really much difference in felt trigger pull. A bit crisper more than anything else. No matter what you do with a AR, your lock time will be very slow compared to a bolt rifle.

LR55

Comment

I don't know about the Hi-Speed Match, but I really like my SSA in my Field Precison Rifle 6.5 G.

Comment

• BenchRider

I run the Designated Marksman Rifle two-stage in my 6.5 Grendel and their SSA (not adjustable) in my 5.56 AR. The only problem now is that I've become a "trigger snob" and even the fine single-stage Timney in my 10/22 isn't good enough anymore. Sucks to expect perfectly linear take-up, distinct second stage, and a glass rod break out of every trigger you touch.

Comment

Originally posted by BenchRider View Post
            Sucks to expect perfectly linear take-up, distinct second stage, and a glass rod break out of every trigger you touch.
            Doesn't it? Lol!

Comment

• txgunner00
              Chieftain
              • Mar 2011

I just got one yesterday myself. I guess I'll be on my way to becoming a trigger snob also.
              NRA life, GOA life, SAF, and TSRA

"I ask, Sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people, except for a few public officials. To disarm the people is the best and most effectual way to enslave them."

George Mason, co-author, 2nd Amendment.

Comment

• El Wray
                Bloodstained
                • Mar 2011

I run the Designated Marksman Rifle two-stage in my 6.5 Grendel and their SSA (not adjustable) in my 5.56 AR. The only problem now is that I've become a "trigger snob" and even the fine single-stage Timney in my 10/22 isn't good enough anymore. Sucks to expect perfectly linear take-up, distinct second stage, and a glass rod break out of every trigger you touch.
                My situation is somewhat similiar to yours, except I have the same lower for a Heavy Bench 24" 6.5 Grendel upper and a Midlength 5.56 upper. After a little research, I'm thinking the Geissele SSA-E might be a happy medium...
                "The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but of those who look on and do nothing." Albert Einstein

www.el-wray.blogspot.com

Comment

Just get your hands on an Anschutz 5018 trigger. Trigger snobbery galore. It may be that I've shot over 30,000 shots with one and shoot with it every day but Any other trigger isn't good enough. ESP the AccuTrigger "target" Model, too light for a natural trigger pull on a 1/2lb trigger.

Comment

• bwaites
                    • Mar 2011

Haven't shot the 5018, but the Savage Target Accutrigger is a joy!

Comment

I just don't like it because because I tend to engage the trigger less square than I should. If I took some time to get used to it I'm sure it would be great. My dad loves it though.

Comment

• bwaites
                        • Mar 2011

It takes a little bit of effort to get used to, but I love them. Of course if 8 ounces is too light, you can always adjust them!

Comment

Has anyone felt the alexander arms 3 lb trigger. Im seriously looking at that one. I like his products. Plus i figure what the hey he is one of the major men behind it. Anyone have one? Any thoughts.

Comment

• bwaites
                            • Mar 2011

Yes. My sons and I really like them, but they are a single stage tactical trigger. They are actually 4 pound triggers. Very clean break.

I actually had one installed in a DPMS lower as well.

Comment

• bucktact6.5

Originally posted by El Wray View Post
                              I have their match trigger. It is set at two lb's on the first stage and four oz. on the last. I love it!

Comment

Working...
                              X