What do you think about this for a crowfoot barrel wrench?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Hansel&Grendel
    Bloodstained
    • Mar 2017

What do you think about this for a crowfoot barrel wrench?

Instead of custom grinding several crowfoot wrenches because of too small flats on several encountered barrel nuts, what do you think about this adjustable crowfoot barrel wrench made by Snap-on Tools?

It looks thin enough to deal with said issue. It's a 3/8" drive but one could easily purchase a 1/2" to 3/8" adapter to make it work on a 1/2" drive torque wrench. For 1 1/4" barrel flats, just purchase a stand-alone 1 1/4" crowfoot. Yeah, the price is a bit hefty but it takes up little space and seems rather ingenious.

Thoughts?

Thanks,
    Hans
  • FLshooter
    Chieftain
    • Jun 2019

I like it.That would omit having to own several sizes.

Comment

• Lastrites
      Warrior
      • Apr 2017

I like it but the down side is that it barely opens up past an inch.

Comment

• FLshooter
        Chieftain
        • Jun 2019

I did not realize 29mm is just under 1 1/8 in
        No worries.Check this out on Amazon, Sealey Crow's Foot Wrench Adjustable 1/2" Square Drive 6-45mm AK5988.
        Opens to 1 3/4 inches and is just $30 I think it could work

Comment

• Popeye212
          Chieftain
          • Jan 2018

Looking at what looks like round teeth on the jaws side. Looks like a knuckle buster

Comment

• A5BLASTER
            Chieftain
            • Mar 2015

Mehhh.

Seems most handguards come with their own wrench now days.

Comment

• Kswhitetails
              Chieftain
              • Oct 2016

The problem with the adjustables is the width. Basically they take the head of a crescent wrench and cut a drive hole in it. If a standard adjustable wrench would be too wide to fit the slot in the barrel nut, so would these.

SLR, Seekins, ALG, BCM, and several others are nice enough to include wrenches with their hand guards because they so kindly machine their barrel nuts to require special wrenches in order to install them.
              Nothing kills the incentive of men faster than a healthy sense of entitlement. Nothing kills entitlement faster than a healthy sense of achievement.

Comment

Working...
              X