• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Crracer712
    Bloodstained
    • Mar 2018

BCA barrelled Grendel build

I tend to lean towards having two of each caliber, and already having a complete 24" BCA Grendel upper that shoots extremely well, I wanted to build one with a shorter barrel. I picked up an 18" mid length BCA barrel, assembled in an AR Stoner slick side billet upper/15" rail combo I'd had laying around awhile, 5d tactical 80% billet lower with a Larue MBT 2s flat how trigger. Also used a BCA BCG. Scope is a Cabela's covenant 6-20x44 ffp. Only shot federal 90 grain varmint loads and Hornady American Gunner 123 grain, but was pleased with initial groups @100 yards.

In above photo, the two holes overlapping towards the top of photo were the first two shots from the rifle prior to adjusting to zero(using federal 90 grain)
  • Lemonaid
    Warrior
    • Feb 2019

Some nice initial test results. But you have to keep quiet about BCA, otherwise everyone will want one and the price will skyrocket!

Comment

• FLshooter
      Chieftain
      • Jun 2019

Looks like you got a good one

Comment

• Crracer712
        Bloodstained
        • Mar 2018

Appears to be. I was gonna post a pick of a BCA barrel 350 legend I'd assembled too, was extremely happy with it.

Had another 16" 223 Wylde that wasn't so good(BCA). Absolutely hated federal 223 55 gr fmj. Was better with fiochi 55 softbpoint and even better with 40 grain fiochi. But nothing special. Time will tell.

Comment

Working...
        X