• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Chance-dg
    Warrior
    • Apr 2019

12 inch or so recommendations

Building my 3rd Grendel on a short barreled configuration.....what barrel manufactures does everyone prefer????? I have both 9 inch AP and 12.5 Odin works handguards. Building this one on an AP lower and an AP upper with no fa. what does everyone like???? I am looking at the BA Hanson 12.5 but it has been out of stock
  • Bigs28
    Chieftain
    • Feb 2016

Precision firearms. Nothing else. The 12" are so affordable from him for what your getting.

Comment

• A5BLASTER
      Chieftain
      • Mar 2015

Loving my 12.5 barrel from precision firearms. Mark and his guys make some top shelf products, worth the price.

Comment

• Chance-dg
        Warrior
        • Apr 2019

Thanks for this...do they ever have sales on their own barrels??

Comment

• A5BLASTER
          Chieftain
          • Mar 2015

Originally posted by Chance-dg View Post
          Thanks for this...do they ever have sales on their own barrels??
          Call him and tell him your a member of the grendel fourm. He will give you a first time order discount. Give him a call and see what he has instock, sometimes they have barrels that aren't listed.

Mine was.

Comment

• Bigs28
            Chieftain
            • Feb 2016

Ther 12" are on sale since they are left overs after cutting larger barrels down. Call him.

Comment

• Chance-dg
              Warrior
              • Apr 2019

I am all about this...thanks for the advise

I just finished a Grendel 18" Wilson Combat fluted Hunter wt. barrel in an AP October build set for my wife to use for hunting in Montana, SLR adj. gas block, Velocity 3lb. single stage etc. but haven't had a chance to break it in yet. I have several boxes of 130g. Swifts and the same of 120g. Pro Hunters so hoping to find a good accurate load for her rifle as well as for my 16" GB Monster barrel build. It is extremely accurate with Hornady 123g. Black box which I understand work tolerably well for deer sized game. Yes I have been bitten with the Monster Bug.....LOL My 280, 270, 30-06s and 300 WSM have fed our family for 25 years in Montana but I really am enjoying building and shooting the Grendels on the AR platform. We are eager to use them on Antelope and Deer back home. The 18" WC build for my wife is about 4 to 5 lbs. lighter than her Win. laminated stocked 24" barreled 30-06 and much handier for her as well. That will still be her Elk rifle I am sure but with the 130g. Swift Sirocco and within 300 yds. her new Grendel should perform well.

Comment

Working...
              X