X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • joedirt199
    Warrior
    • Jul 2015

I bought an adaptor to change the thread pitch to the more standard 5/8 to open up the choices of muzzle devices. Barely adds any length. Saw those barrels and they do try to get you to buy their parts. Other companies offer gas blocks in those diameter so an adjustable one can be had for less.

Comment

• VASCAR2
      Chieftain
      • Mar 2011

Comment

• lazyengineer
        Chieftain
        • Feb 2019

This weekend's outing

Set up with the bipod at 200 yards to do some more testing.
        The 107 SMK green box shot amazing today, sub MOA, with perfomance as good as 1/2 MOA:

The 107 Factory Seconds at powder valley did good as well, giving sub MOA performance

Nosler bullets be it 100 or 123, generally struggled more, and were typically in the 1.5 ish MOA range, with some groups opening up more. My overall experience with Nosler and 6.5 just hasnt been good.

Hornady 100 gr did better, generally running in the 1 MOA range or better.
        4x P100

Comment

• lazyengineer
          Chieftain
          • Feb 2019

All in all, I'm pretty darned happy with the barrel and build - at last.

It's been a long ride trying to get a Grendel capable of sub-MOA level performance. My goal was to get a rig I could use in the AR Tactical catagory for 600 yard midrange matches, and fire it from a bipod. My prior attempts with other barrels had not gone well, but this one should do much better. Here is a 99/100 score (with a crazy 9 I didn't call, so not perfect).

Heck, it even shoots Wolf Steel half-decent, at around 2.5 MOA or better most of the time.
          4x P100

Comment

• VASCAR2
            Chieftain
            • Mar 2011

Last edited by VASCAR2; 03-15-2020, 10:26 PM.

Comment

Working...
            X