Adjustable bcg or Adjustable gas block when running suppressed.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • JuanC
    Bloodstained
    • Jan 2017

Adjustable bcg or Adjustable gas block when running suppressed.

So have a can in jail right now. Doing another build and wanted to see what the group thought of each. Been looking into the Superlative adjustable gas block and the Bootleg bcg. Would like any hands on info with each and which you would go with. Maybe recommend others. Thanks guys
  • burnsy13
    Bloodstained
    • Sep 2017

I do both. For reference, all following rifles have Geissele charging handles which is supposed to mitigate gas in the face.

I have the Superlative adjustable gas in a 10.3" 5.56 with Surefire SOCOM suppressor. That suppressor, like all my rifle suppressors, is dedicated to that gun. With that adjustable gas block I've been able to play with buffer weights and that rifle shoots so much smoother than it should. It's the girlfriends dedicated rifle, so I wanted it to be SOFT. I ended up with a Geissele Super 42 with H3 weight.

I have another adjustable gas block in her 16" with Surefire SOCOM suppressor. I don't remember the brand, but I put a Faxon lightweight/skeleton/whatever bolt carrier group in it, and that is legitimately like shooting a .22. It's amazing. I just don't want a super lightweight BCG in a primary defensive rifle.

My 12" Grendel is a PSA upper that came with their adjustable gas block, and I'm actually genuinely impressed with this upper. It has a Rugged Micro 30 suppressor. Geissele Super 42 with H2 buffer weight.

My 12.5" 5.56 primary rifle has a Bootleg adjustable BCG. Surefire SOCOM-Mini Monster suppressor lives on this rifle. Super 42 with H2 buffer weight, minimal gas in the face, but I don't think it shoots AS soft as the 10.3", but I haven't really played with different weights. This is a nice, simple solution. The Bootleg does not let you tune it super finely, but it is SO much better than non-adjustable anything.

My 18" Grendel currently also has a Bootleg, Super 42 with H1 buffer weight. The rifle has a Rugged Surge dedicated to it. The Bootleg is about to go to my dad when he comes and shoots my suppressors with me, just for ease of transition for his gas. I have an 18" RLGS and a 12" rail, so the gas block is exposed, making the swap to adjustable gas over the Bootleg logical, as I can adjust the gas without the rail getting in the way.

If you are not taking the suppressor off and shooting unsuppressed often, I think the gas block gives you more ability to fine tune. If you are shooting this rifle unsuppressed often, I think the Bootleg and the super quick gas change is the way to go.

Comment

Working...
    X