• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • kriendj
    Unwashed
    • Mar 2020

Handguard Help

I'm building my first AR. It's going to be a rifle length gas system and an 18" wilson barrel. I've bought all the parts but was struggling with a handguard. I bought an ALG V3 13" handguard but then Optic Planet said it won't ship for 6 weeks. Well I want to start building now! Can anyone recommend another good, light handguard? I want it to be light, I want MLock or whatever it's called, and I want some of the barrel exposed and the gas block covered. I was looking at this one: https://www.primaryarms.com/midwest-...t-handguard-12. Will 12.6" cover the gas block? Thank you!
  • grayfox
    Chieftain
    • Jan 2017

yeah 12.6 will cover or at least be close over the top.
    There's matrix from joebob's and midwest industries handguards, both have m-lok styles. I like those too.
    Matrix is a nice one, economical too.
    "Down the floor, out the door, Go Brandon Go!!!!!"

Comment

• Bigs28
      Chieftain
      • Feb 2016

Midwest industries

Brigand arms is the lightest and you can put mlok on it

Comment

• Grendelshooter
        Warrior
        • Jun 2017

Comment

• FLshooter
          Chieftain
          • Jun 2019

I just replaced a 16 inch barrel w/carbine length gas system. We installed a custom 20 inch barrel with a rifle length gas system . He had a nice Simmons 12 inch handguard which would no longer work .Too short.Rifle length gas system to the end of the block is 13.5 inches. You will need a 15 inch handguard to cover it.

Comment

• drewthebrave
            Warrior
            • Aug 2016

Aren't there other places to buy an ALG EMR rail? You could get one direct from ALGDefense.com for example. For the money ALG is my favorite by far, and I have a 10" EMR V1, 13" V2, and 12" V0e. I also like Midwest Industries, Aero Precision Atlas, and Geissele (other than the price).

Comment

• kriendj
              Unwashed
              • Mar 2020

Comment

Working...
              X