• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Hickory Nut
    Bloodstained
    • Mar 2020

New 6.5 Grendel Build

I hope this one shoots as well as the Pistol I just got done with.

Grey Ghost Billet Upper/Lower receiver set (Thanks Rebby for the great deal)
    Wilson Combat Fluted 18" 1-8 Twist 6.5 Grendel
    Larue RAT Stock, APEG Grip, MBT SB Trigger, LT204 CAN 30MM Mount
    Breek Arms - War Hammer Charging Handle, 17" SPTFR Hand Guard, Rifle Length Gas Tube, Muzzle Brake and Blast Shield
    Superlative Arms - Adjustable Gas Block
    Leupold - VX5HD 3-15x44 with CDSZL2 Turret

6.5 grendel 2.jpg6.5 Grendel 1.jpg
  • tdbru
    Warrior
    • Dec 2019

HN,
    awesome glass you picked up!! let us know how the rig shoots when you get out to the range. whenever that might be. do you plan on just factory ammo or do you reload? the rifle is nice too, by the way ;-)
    -tdbru

Comment

• Hickory Nut
      Bloodstained
      • Mar 2020

I took the Leupold off my Remington .308 VTR since this Grendel thing has me hooked! I have not started reloading for the Grendel yet, been saving brass for a while. I do reload for all of my other rifles though. I have been shooting Hornady ELD Match and SST's and will probably go shoot sometime this week. I''ll give a range report once I get back.

Comment

• peak98
        Warrior
        • Dec 2019

Comment

• kriendj
          Unwashed
          • Mar 2020

Comment

• BluntForceTrauma
            Administrator
            • Feb 2011

Cool look. What's the handguard?
            :: 6.5 GRENDEL Deer and Targets :: 6mmARC Targets and Varmints and Deer :: 22 ARC Varmints and Targets

:: I Drank the Water :: Revelation 21:6 ::

Comment

• Hickory Nut
              Bloodstained
              • Mar 2020

Kriendj - I saw that same note in my package. I really like the AGB on my pistol though. I will follow their instructions
              BFT- it is a Breek Arms Sptfr (Spitfire) M-LOK 17"

Comment

• Hickory Nut
                Bloodstained
                • Mar 2020

Well I was able to get out and shoot today with about a 10-20 mph wind. Not ideal conditions but at least I was able to chunk some lead. The results were worse than expected. First shots to get on paper were 123GR Hornady ELD Match at 50 yards. At 100 yards groups were over 1"-1-1/2" (My PSA 20" and Monster 12" Pistol both shoot under 1" @ 100 Yards). I figured I would try the SST's and they were in the 1-1/2" -2" range. I am going to disassemble and make sure everything was to the proper tightness/tolerances then try it again this weekend.

I took Wilson's advise and opened the Superlative Arms AGB all the way. I may take it off and put a standard one on there.

HN
                Last edited by Hickory Nut; 04-30-2020, 09:05 PM. Reason: spelling

Comment

• kriendj
                  Unwashed
                  • Mar 2020

Comment

• Rugerfan.64
                    Warrior
                    • May 2014

Looks good. Need to come get a handful of those 120 Sierra Matchkings next time you're over and run them to see how they group.

Comment

• Hickory Nut
                      Bloodstained
                      • Mar 2020

Sounds Good. I may be headed over there this weekend to shoot and mess around in God's country. Tired of this Concrete Jungle over here...

Comment

• Hickory Nut
                        Bloodstained
                        • Mar 2020

I was able to reassemble and shoot my new rifle Saturday. Here are a couple of the best groups I shot. 123GR Hornady ELD Match Targets 1.jpgtargets 2.jpg These are much better than the first time.

Comment

• FLshooter
                          Chieftain
                          • Jun 2019

Nice rig and decent first groups. The groups should shrink after the first couple hundred down the pipe. Those Wilson barrels are pretty good shooters.

Comment

Working...
                          X