• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Tgself1
    Unwashed
    • May 2020

Need help with gas blocks

I am new to building guns and I am building an 18 inch 6.5 Grendel for hunting. The barrel I have ordered is from ar15parts.com, it is a stainless steel mid length 18 inch barrel. For this particular setup is it necessary to have an adjustable gas block, or will a standard gas block work just fine? FYI I do not have any plans in the near future to reload for it.
  • Mustangfreek
    Warrior
    • Jan 2020

Are you going to be suppressing it?

If your not into tuning, just shoot it and see, maybe get away with a heavier buffer..

Comment

• Bigs28
      Chieftain
      • Feb 2016

The cost difference between an adjustable gas block and regular is not worth not having one imo. If you ever plan on suppressing, your gas port drilled a little to big, or using different bcgs (low mass, regular), different weight buffers, can all be tuned with an agb.

Comment

• Red*Lion
        Warrior
        • Apr 2020

Originally posted by Bigs28 View Post
        The cost difference between an adjustable gas block and regular is not worth not having one imo. If you ever plan on suppressing, your gas port drilled a little to big, or using different bcgs (low mass, regular), different weight buffers, can all be tuned with an agb.
        Yep. You can buy decent quality adjustable gas blocks for around $40. I have this gas block on one AR and it has worked great. https://www.wojtekweaponry.com/Wojte...lock_p_27.html I also have gas blocks from Odin Works, JP and Superlative Arms as well.

Comment

• FLshooter
          Chieftain
          • Jun 2019

Comment

• Mesa1978
            Warrior
            • May 2015

AGB's are very useful and future proof your assembly, just be careful of carbon buildup causing the adjustable capability to lockup.

Comment

• Growler
              Warrior
              • Jan 2019

Comment

• oyster
                Warrior
                • Jul 2018

I have the complete upper from AR15parts.com with the same barrel. I put a Superlative Arms AGB and it fit perfectly under their low profile hand guard. I do shoot suppressed and it works well. I did put a heavier buffer and silent capture spring system also.

Comment

Working...
                X