I got an email from these guys, never heard of them, but looks interesting:

NRA Basic, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, RSO

CCW, CQM, DM, Long Range Rifle Instructor

6.5 Grendel Reloading Handbooks & chamber brushes can be found here:

www.AR15buildbox.com
  • tdbru
    Warrior
    • Dec 2019

if you're doing a lot of builds, tools like this will save time and it will add up.

if you're doing just 1 build, the bolt release roll pin can be tapped into place gently with a roll pin punch of the appropriate size if you work slowly. as he mentioned once you get the roll pin started then assemble the bolt release assy and tap the roll pin the rest of the way in.

for the takedown pin capture spring and detent, i just used a pin punch or nail (forget which) that was the closest to the takedown pin diameter and used that as a slave pin. again if you're doing a lot of these lower builds there is nothing wrong with a good speciality tool(s) to speed things up.

thanks LRRPF52.
    -tdbru

Comment

• FRB6.5
      Warrior
      • Oct 2018

That's pretty slick.

For myself these have been a "why did I wait so long to buy these?" purchase:

You still want to use a roll pin starter punch, but driving the pins in with a Knipex Pliers Wrench is super fast and easy. It works for all three roll pins; bolt catch, trigger guard and gas tube. Some electrical tape or blue tape on the jaws prevents marring and slipping.

For their bonus feature of pivot pin install I use a lightly polished clevis pin.

Comment

• StoneHendge
        Chieftain
        • May 2016

I just got a Geissele Gas Block Roll Pin tool for $12.50 as an add on to an order with Optics Planet. Dare I say I'm actually looking forward to installing a gas tube into a block to try it? Funny thing is, it took a minute or 2 to figure out how to open the storage tube it comes in.

Let's go Brandon!

Comment

• Growler
          Warrior
          • Jan 2019

This looks like the easy way. So many different gas block shapes, no bench block will work for all.

$20.
          Home of the GBT (Gas Block Tool) line of products. The Saint Michael's Armament Gas Block Tool for the AR-15 pattern gas system is whole new concept on what has up until now has been harder than it needs to be. Sure there are other fixtures out there but none that hold the gas block as securely as ours or as versatile as the GBT (Gas Block Tool). These aren't 3D printed or some foreign import, the Gas Block Tool Line up is MADE IN THE USA from American sourced steel, then QPQ'd here in the states.AR-15 Gas Block Tool , Tools Parts and accesories

Comment

• Klem
            Chieftain
            • Aug 2013

Growler,

Interesting idea - but you can also use the barrel in a barrel vice.

Slide the block on the barrel. Do up the block's grub/clamping screws. Clamp the barrel in a barrel vise... Tap away.

It's all about whether you fix the gas block to the barrel before you do the gas tube/pin, or after.

Comment

• LRRPF52
              Super Moderator
              • Sep 2014

NRA Basic, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, RSO

CCW, CQM, DM, Long Range Rifle Instructor

6.5 Grendel Reloading Handbooks & chamber brushes can be found here:

www.AR15buildbox.com

Comment

Working...
              X