• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • R2BRO
    Warrior
    • Dec 2017

Odin works O2 rail and vibra-tite

OK i purchased this stupid ass design odin works O2 front rail, which comes with two-piece barrel nut; as per instructions i need to use vibra-tite (red) included with the package.
    on a first try i did some experiments and opened it, and then figured out that not only its dumb design but also came with 1-1/4 barrel nut for which i didnt have crowfoot wrench.

so i ordered crowfoot wrench, but by now, when it arrived, the vibra-tite inside a packet which i opened which came with handguard dried out...

i really don't want to wait another few days till i buy another bottle of vibra-tite and home depot only carries Loctite (blue 242).

so question is simple: is it OK to use loctite blue 242 instead of vibra tite for barrel nut in this model of handguard? or should i really do as odin works instructions tell and use vibra-tite?

one more thing.... they ship by default VC3 vibra-tite, but vibra-tite specs say that maximum operating temperature for VC3 is 165F, or 73C...so... does it sound correct to even use it on barrel nut?! I mean..you expect the temperature in that area really be below 73C?!.... any comments on that?

I also do have some dark gray grease in small metal can (forgot the proper name for it) which i use on any other regular barrel nut, is it maybe ok just to use that instead of VC3? any ideas or suggestions?
    Last edited by R2BRO; 11-21-2020, 03:53 AM.
  • R2BRO
    Warrior
    • Dec 2017

I'll just order VC3 and do as manufacturer tells...its ok will postpone my build process on next weekend :|

Comment

Working...
    X