Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • samalama76

New fixed stock input

Does anyone have any experience or know anything about the M.A.G.S. EFX-A1 Fixed Stock? I really like the look of it and the cheek weld potential looks great as well as the length. It uses a rifle length buffer tube (obviously) but without the spacer which shortens it a bit. The storage looks good and it is priced right, so what does the "horde" say? Link below.

Thanks in advance for any help/advice.
  • txgunner00
    Chieftain
    • Mar 2011

The down side I see is the lack of an angled section underneath that can be used for adjusting elevation when shooting off a rear bag. Other than that it looks decent. Storage compartment looks handy.
    NRA life, GOA life, SAF, and TSRA

"I ask, Sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people, except for a few public officials. To disarm the people is the best and most effectual way to enslave them."

George Mason, co-author, 2nd Amendment.

Comment

• Variable
      Chieftain
      • Mar 2011

Well it is certainly different, and the price seems ok. I'm not sure what I think about the aesthetics yet, but it looks pretty serviceable and the storage would be handy...
      Life member NRA, SAF, GOA, WVSRPA (and VFW). Also member WVCDL. Join NOW!!!!!
      We either hang together on this, or we'll certainly HANG separately.....

Comment

• samalama76

Yea, I know what you mean about the aesthetics, at first it looks strange but somehow attractive. I did order it so I should have some pictures up soon. The LOP along with the cheek weld, and it being different made me go ahead and get it, so I hope it lives up to my expectations.

Anyone else have any input?

Thx.

Comment

• Drifter
          Chieftain
          • Mar 2011

A potential alternative is Magpul's MOE fixed rifle stock, which should be available soon:

On my Grendel, I'm currently using an M16A1 stock, which is probably about as old as I am. They're tough, lightweight, reasonably priced, and the length-of-pull fits me. Looks like this:

No firsthand experience with the EFX-A1, but they seem to get good reviews.

Whichever you choose, the rifle-length buffer system is noticeably smoother versus a carbine system.
          Drifter

Comment

• samalama76

I like that Magpul fixed, I guess it was just a matter of time before they produced one, and the price is right as well. I hate having more stocks than rifles to put them on, but if anyone else here is like me, I am always building/evolving my AR platform rifles, as soon as I think I like my setup I see something else that I "may" like better. It is a viscous cycle.

Comment

• txgunner00
              Chieftain
              • Mar 2011

I like that magpul...
              NRA life, GOA life, SAF, and TSRA

"I ask, Sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people, except for a few public officials. To disarm the people is the best and most effectual way to enslave them."

George Mason, co-author, 2nd Amendment.

Comment

Working...
              X