• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Eye_guy
    Bloodstained
    • Dec 2020

Ballistic Advantage Discontinued All Grendel Barrels

I noticed that ballistic advantage no longer lists 6.5MM Grendel barrels on their website. I reached out and got the following response:

Yes, at this time we have made the decisions to put them on hold. As we wrap 2020, we are focused on high-demand SKUs to ensure we offer a variety of products people have come to expect. Any of the non-high-demand SKUs may be re-introduced in the next year.

I feel fortunate to have snagged one from a third party seller a month or so ago.
  • PVBoom
    Warrior
    • Oct 2017

I wonder if they were getting more interest in 6 ARC so decided to switch to that. Or they perceive that market to be underserved, given its youth and figure there is a bigger piece of the pie there than with all the other Grendel sources.

Right now their website lists 556, 223 Wylde, 300 BO, 9mm, 6mm ARC, 6.5 Creed and 308

Comment

• Eye_guy
      Bloodstained
      • Dec 2020

Comment

• lazyengineer
        Chieftain
        • Feb 2019

Interesting. I'm sure they are focusing on the intense demand all things .223 have right now; which is the smart business play. As to 6mm ARC; I seriously doubt that's overtaking Grendel and their new focus. I have no interest in 6mm ARC, as the point of Grendel is to be the jack-of-all things round. A thinner lighter bullet means a less effective bullet on game. 6.5 Grendel is the 1000 yard capable / deer and hog capable / AR15 small frame do-all general purpose round. 6mm ARC is a longer range round at the expense of hard-hitting game-dropper, IMHO. If I want that, I'll just get a .224 Valk; which has a smaller head and runs higher pressure like 6.8 SPC does.

When I'm at the distance gong-range and pick up left-over brass; I pick up more 6.5 CM than anything short of .223; even .308 is outcounted by 6.5 CM. After that, it's 6.5 Grendel (far far distant 4th place), then .224 Valk, then 30-06, then 6.8. After that the random mix of 7.62x39, .300 BO, .260, 6mm Creed, 6.5x55, and others depending on the day. I have never seen a 6mm ARC casing on the ground, nor a 6.5 Grendel casing necked down to it.

6mm ARC is not overtaking Grendel. And as long as the Wolf Steel continues to make <$0.30 ammo for Grendel and only Grendel, then Grendel will remain the king of specialty AR15 non-5.56/.300 BO rounds.
        4x P100

Comment

• VASCAR2
          Chieftain
          • Mar 2011

Comment

• Rkangel
            Bloodstained
            • Jun 2020

Can't really find any Ballistic Advantage barrels in stock. I'm not surprised that they are pausing on the 6.5.

Comment

• redhat
              Bloodstained
              • May 2019

Originally posted by Eye_guy View Post
              I noticed that ballistic advantage no longer lists 6.5MM Grendel barrels on their website. I reached out and got the following response:

Yes, at this time we have made the decisions to put them on hold. As we wrap 2020, we are focused on high-demand SKUs to ensure we offer a variety of products people have come to expect. Any of the non-high-demand SKUs may be re-introduced in the next year.

I feel fortunate to have snagged one from a third party seller a month or so ago.
              At least they responded to you. I asked the same question about a year ago when they'd been out of stock for a few weeks. They never answered, but I got an automated email several weeks later saying the inquiry had been closed... so thanks for that.

Like their products, but that CS could use some help.

Comment

• A5BLASTER
                Chieftain
                • Mar 2015

Mehta there is other rack grade barrels on the market to take their place.

I would buy a sixfivearms barrel before I would buy a BA, faxon or odion if I needed a rack grade barrel.

Comment

Working...
                X