• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Rex colt
    Unwashed
    • Aug 2021

Need help with barrel

I am having trouble making a decision on what barrel to buy for an AR 6.5 G and was hoping someone could help me out. I want to spend 500 $ max on a barrel bolt combo that produces as much accuracy as possible. My goal is .50 to .75 MOA this is going to be a SPR rifle because I want to increase my effective range over my previous 556 SPR. That rifle is capable of around .35 moa with the right ammo but just isn't hard enough hitting at the longer ranges. Weight for the new barrel isn't a massive concern but the lighter the better. It needs to be threaded and I would prefer it to be 20'' as well. I would rather not wait several months for it to be made although it seems at the moment that might be the only way. I was leaning towards a shilen match barrel with bolt from midway I think it was for 499 but the only problem is it's not thread. What's your opinions much appreciated.
  • PVBoom
    Warrior
    • Oct 2017

Find a Lilja. Rebby sells them here.

Comment

• BVickery1974
      Warrior
      • Jun 2021

Lilja barrel with Maxim Bolt.

Comment

• Klem
        Chieftain
        • Aug 2013

Lilja barrel with matching bolt.

Comment

• Rex colt
          Unwashed
          • Aug 2021

Do those have to be custom made or can I find them in stock somewhere.

Comment

• Rex colt
            Unwashed
            • Aug 2021

I looked at their website and they had no non fluted barrels in stock is there another retailer I can get these from. If not how long does it normally take to get something to come into stock again.

Comment

• VASCAR2
              Chieftain
              • Mar 2011

Comment

• Rex colt
                Unwashed
                • Aug 2021

Thank you for the information how does this group buying stuff work. I apologize for my ignorance but I'm new to the forum and don't understand everything yet.

Comment

• VASCAR2
                  Chieftain
                  • Mar 2011

The Horde thanks our industry partners for making the 6.5 Grendel world a better place, and wishes them blessings and prosperity in their respective ventures.

Last edited by VASCAR2; 08-26-2021, 08:27 PM.

Comment

• grayfox
                    Chieftain
                    • Jan 2017

Nowadays, whoever has it in stock or can get it quickest for you.
                    Fluting does not save much weight, only costs more.
                    Look at Lilja direct, I got their 20" 740 I think it is called.
                    They also have a "319"... but the 740 was my cup o tea. It was threaded as well. Straight 20".
                    Shoots lots better than I can.
                    "Down the floor, out the door, Go Brandon Go!!!!!"

Comment

Working...
                    X