Clear All
  • Dt219
    Warrior
    • Nov 2020

Shilen barrels from midway

• VASCAR2
    Chieftain
    • Mar 2011

Last edited by VASCAR2; 10-28-2021, 11:48 AM.

Comment

• Dt219
      Warrior
      • Nov 2020

Last edited by Dt219; 10-28-2021, 01:55 PM.

Comment

• Fess
        Warrior
        • Jun 2019

My only experience with Shilen was not good, although it was with a barrel blank, not an AR barrel. It was with an experiment with a bull-barrel conversion of a 7.62x39 Saiga (yeah, it is a silly project, I know). The barrel strung badly as it heated up. It is, of course, possible that the gunsmith screwed up when turning it down, but the next barrel, he says, worked great. Now if I could only get the danged thing back from him!

Comment

• Lastrites
          Warrior
          • Apr 2017

Sorry to hear about your troubled Lilja, can't say I've ever heard a negative concerning their barrels. The one I have from Rebby's group buy seems to shoot everything very well, it's quite amazing.

Comment

• Dt219
            Warrior
            • Nov 2020

Comment

• tdbru
              Warrior
              • Dec 2019

it's been a decade or more but i put 2 Shilens on some bolt guns. one shot very well. one didn't. When i called Shilen about the one that i couldn't get to group, they sent a replacement out right away, no charge. it shot lights out. (1.25" group at 500m, granted that was one of those days were everything was just right).

no experience or comments about Shilen's current offerings or policies.

i suspect they'll be better than rack grade but probably don't measure up to a Brux or Krieger. if you get a hummer it will be very good.

you pays your monies and takes your chances.

-tdbru

Comment

• Dt219
                Warrior
                • Nov 2020

Comment

Working...
                X