• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • El Wray
    Bloodstained
    • Mar 2011

B.A.D. Ambi Safety Selector...

Any lefties out there have any experience with the Battle Arms Development Ambidextrous Safety Selector? What configuration was best?
    "The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but of those who look on and do nothing." Albert Einstein

www.el-wray.blogspot.com

The way I set up.

EL WRAY I have a Battle Arms ambi safety on the 6.5 that I am building. I really like it I went with the 45 degrea throw. It is very nice to work with your thumb. I am left handed and the standard ar-15 safety would dig into my left hand trigger finger. This thing is really sweet!! I am using the hybrid lever on the left side very thin out by my left trigger finger but closer to the cross shaft it has a nice little nub that is out of the way of your left trigger finger. I am using the short lever on the right side. This 45 degree ambi safety is very easy to reach the levers with left and right handed thumbs nice positive smooth clicks in and out of fire and safety with just flip of either thumb and nothing is digging in your left trigger finger anymore very sweet!!! If you go with 45 degree throw instead of the 90 degree it will come with a little tiny nub on the cross shaft so the safety can only be installed on a special lower that has the fire selection indicator stamped in the side of the lower more in line with the to read the 45 degree lever. Takes about thirty seconds to file the little nub off of the shaft . It is my understanding this was done so the company could not be sued if some one was careless. I am going to take a small center punch and put two dimples that line up perfect with the arms then touch them with a small drill bit just enough to give a nice little pocket. Then add a drop of white and red paint to them. I beleive both of these levers would be nice in the 90 degree throw also. Here is a link http://shop.battlearmsdevelopment.co...BAD-ASS-ST.htm I am also installing a norgon ambi magazine release. I have intalled this and checked fit and function it works very well you would not be disapointed with it either other than the price a little steap they are pretty proud of it. There is cheaper ambi mag releases but they look like they might cause wear at the pivot points on the lowers they are installed on. Just my thoughts anyway

Comment

I have three AR lowers all with the BAD ambi safety selectors. I bought two thin sets and a regular set and found on my grendel I liked the thin set the best. I would say for the range the thin set is nice, but maybe in a quick target acquire situation like hunting maybe some thicker ones will work best. I will let you know this fall when I take the Grendel hunting.

Comment

I use the 2 thick ones with the either medium or short length, makes it easy to hit in the field.

Comment

Working...
        X