• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Two Tone
    Bloodstained
    • Mar 2022

What's a good M-Lok handguard?

I want to put M-Lok handguards onto my two upcoming Grendel builds but I'm pretty new on all things AR. So what's a good maker with a full length upper rail, free float (are they all free floated?), and the most compatible with accessories?
  • Old Bob
    Warrior
    • Oct 2019

All I've ever used on my builds are M-Lok Midwest Industries handguards so I don't have any comparisons to make with other brands. Given that, I'm sure there are other handguards like the ones from LaRue, BCM, Geissele, for example, that are just as good as the MI units.
    I refuse to be victimized by notions of virtuous behavior.

Comment

• myrifle
      Warrior
      • Nov 2015

Aero atlas s-one has become my go too mlok free float handguard.

Comment

• Bonas
        Warrior
        • Mar 2022

For lower cost options, I've used ALG Defense and UTG Pro Super Slim series multiple times with no complaints. White Oak Armament also sells a lower cost handguard.
        They're pretty careful about only selling quality products.

Comment

• Two Tone
          Bloodstained
          • Mar 2022

Thanks for the budget suggestions, I will look into those.
          Last edited by Two Tone; 03-15-2022, 07:02 PM.

Comment

• biodsl
            Chieftain
            • Aug 2011

Originally posted by Bonas View Post
            I've used ALG Defense...
            Very sadly, ALG Defense seems to be out of the handguard business. I have four. Looking for more.
            Paul Peloquin

Did government credibility die of Covid or with Covid?

Comment

• michael1778
              Unwashed
              • Feb 2015

If you have Aero Precision uppers I would direct you to anything they have in stock. My next complete upper build will be their upper and handguard combination. I think the recommendations above are all worthy.

Comment

• rgkitchen
                Unwashed
                • Mar 2021

I used an AT3 Tactical billet upper/mlok rail combo set for my 6.5 Grendel rifle. My Criterion barrel was a very tight fit (no heat required, but some elbow grease - even with LocTite on the extension). The hand guard is keyed into the upper. The barrel nut does not have to be timed to attach the hand guard - they have a very effective attachment system.

Comment

• GasMan74
                  Unwashed
                  • Mar 2022

I just did my first build with one of these and it's very nice. Affordable option also compared to some others. Very nice fit. Here it is on my build. 6.5 Grendel resized.jpg

Comment

• drewthebrave
                    Warrior
                    • Aug 2016

Most M-LOK rails are pretty safe. ALG Defense is my favorite for the money, but as others have said they are hard to come by these days since it seems their production has halted. I also have four myself, and have built many uppers for my friends & family using ALG rails.
                    I have a Midwest Industries SSGen2 rail that has been rock solid for years, and I also have an Aero Atlas R-One on my 6.5 Creedmoor that is much nicer than I expected it to be - so I would suggest Midwest and Aero if you need something lightweight.
                    Last edited by drewthebrave; 03-22-2022, 08:16 PM.

Comment

• Oryx
                      Bloodstained
                      • Jan 2021

I'd consider the Brownell's Wrenchman precision ... good size barrel nut for support and decent looking Mlok rail

Comment

• mafbloggerdanny
                        Unwashed
                        • Mar 2020

There are so many decent options out there and the vast majority of them work just fine.

On my build I wanted lightweight so I went with the Timber Creek Outdoors (https://timbercreekoutdoorsinc.com/) Enforcer Ultralight because it was on a good sale from DVOR

If I had the money for it, I think SLR (https://slrrifleworks.com/) makes the sexiest handguards.

Comment

Working...
                        X