• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • montana
    Chieftain
    • Jun 2011

Simple tool to mount a gas block correctly

In case you missed this tool that will help correctly mount any gas block. https://www.brownells.com/gunsmith-t...rod124593.aspx

• LRRPF52
    Super Moderator
    • Sep 2014

NRA Basic, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, RSO

CCW, CQM, DM, Long Range Rifle Instructor

6.5 Grendel Reloading Handbooks & chamber brushes can be found here:

www.AR15buildbox.com

Comment

• GregP42
      Warrior
      • Mar 2015

I still use a piece of dried spaghetti in the gas port to check mine when I install it.

Greg

Comment

• montana
        Chieftain
        • Jun 2011

Exactly what I do too for final adjustment. Then I verify with my bore scope...

Comment

• Zeneffect
          Chieftain
          • May 2020

Originally posted by GregP42 View Post
          I still use a piece of dried spaghetti in the gas port to check mine when I install it.

Greg
          Spaghetti!

I been thinking about what would work that is a common household item, and this is perfect. Thanks

Comment

• GregP42
            Warrior
            • Mar 2015

Originally posted by Zeneffect View Post
            Spaghetti!

I been thinking about what would work that is a common household item, and this is perfect. Thanks
            Put a piece in the gasport hole, slide on the gas block, then turn it upside down, when the spaghetti drops into the gas block you have it aligned and can tighten it down. Then turn the barrel back the right way, run a cleaning rod in the barrel to break it, pull back let the other part drop into the barrel, rinse repeat as needed to get it all out.

Greg

Comment

• Oryx
              Bloodstained
              • Jan 2021

Fine tip Sharpie is the simplest tool I use ....I make a simple mark on my barrel that shows where the center off the port is. Make a mark on the gas block where center of port is. Install and align marks. Done. Never had an alignment issue.

Comment

• Bonas
                Warrior
                • Mar 2022

If you're using a set screw block, the rear screw hole is opposite the gas hole. Use the screw hole to line the block up over the gas port on the barrel to figure out whether the block should be on the shoulder on the barrel or set just off of it. If it's offset, mark the barrel with the block in the correct position then use the line you drew through the port with the fine tip sharpie to get the block centered. Fine tune with the tube to get as much free play as possible. LRRP's upside down tip sounds good for fine tuning.

Comment

Working...
                X