• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • dammitman
    Warrior
    • Dec 2012

ever see a bad upper reciever?

has anyone ever heard of this situation, you have a new upper reciever and new barrel and all new upper reicever parts like bolt and bolt carrier, basicall totally new build. long short, after assemble the bolt wont go in battery or wont lock up . tried another all different bolt carrier group with same results. installed a completely different new barrel and again no change, just wont lock up. wish i had a set of go-no go gauges but i do not have that caliber. i am going to try a different brand new upper reciever. i have plenty of parts to see but this isnt for me its a buddys build. now i gotta know whats happening. just never have seen a bad upper reciever if thats possible. your 2 cents?
  • montana
    Chieftain
    • Jun 2011

Yes. The barrel index pin could be off that clocks the barrel, the bolt carrier bore is not the correct size (you need pin gauges to gauge), dimensions not milled correctly,etc. Here is Chad from the school of the American rifle giving a quick explanation and check of upper receivers..https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GDQ7-rkMNq4

Comment

• LRRPF52
      Super Moderator
      • Sep 2014

NRA Basic, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, RSO

CCW, CQM, DM, Long Range Rifle Instructor

6.5 Grendel Reloading Handbooks & chamber brushes can be found here:

www.AR15buildbox.com

Comment

Working...
      X