• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mark611
    Warrior
    • Feb 2017

Odin Works Barrels?

This has probably been asked before? but what is the opinion of say the Odin Works 18''DMR barrel, I see them on sale with a tunable gas block gas tube and BCG for around $350 you thoughts!
    Last edited by LRRPF52; 11-23-2023, 05:11 PM. Reason: Typos
  • BlogSarge
    Warrior
    • Nov 2018

Comment

• stonehog
      Warrior
      • Oct 2021

I have 4 Odin Works barrels - 12" extralite Grendel, 20" Grendel DMR, 10.5" extralite 300 BLK, and 22" 6.5 Creedmoor. The 2 shorties have been sub moa with no issues in the gas dept. I need to shoot the longer ones more - the Creedmoor shows .8-1.5" accuracy but I haven't tested it much yet. Can't wait to get the Grendel DMR going - high hopes. In my experience, they are good, accurate barrels.

Comment

• Mark611
        Warrior
        • Feb 2017

I just purchased an OW 18'' DMR with the gas block and tube with BCG, we will see how it go's! I'm going to be replacing a new barrel from my BCA RSC upper, the BCG from OW won't work due the right side charging handle but I'll a spare bolt head!

Comment

• YardArm
          Unwashed
          • Jun 2023

Before buying, might want to contact their support, see if anyone responds. I bought their adjustable gas block. Ran great for about a year. Still under warranty. After 3 months on/off again attempts to get support, ZERO response.
          I chucked it (and Odin) and bought Seekins. Much happier.

Comment

• CJW
            Chieftain
            • Jun 2019

I have 4 Oden uppers, all shoot great.

Comment

• Mark611
              Warrior
              • Feb 2017

I guess I'm going to find out! How does the adjustable gas block work?

Comment

• stonehog
                Warrior
                • Oct 2021

Simple allen screw adjuster from the front. It has 2 screws in the same hole - one acting to lock the adjustment screw under it. When adjusting you need to remove the lock screw until you have the gas set.

Comment

• Mark611
                  Warrior
                  • Feb 2017

SG, thank you! I did find a few youtube videos,

Comment

• Mark611
                    Warrior
                    • Feb 2017

Barrel and all the parts showed up today! I have to get the rest of the tools to install it!

Comment

• v4lu3s
                      Bloodstained
                      • Nov 2023

I recently built with their 20 inch kit, including the gas block and BCG, then added an Odinworks handguard as well. Only 145 rounds through it so far, but my most recent range time I was shooting 1.5" groups of Hornady Frontier (Every other box of Frontier I have bought in other guns was good for 2-2.5 inch groups). I actually has not even messed with adjusting the gas block yet. I am looking forward to better ammo and creating a handload to get some better accuracy, but I am happy with what I bought especially at the price.

Comment

• Mark611
                        Warrior
                        • Feb 2017

Well, I hope my hand loads are better, I have a Sanders 24'' and a BCA 18'' that shoot better than that @200m with my hand loads, I have also noticed my gas block on my OW does not have a set screw! anybody have 1 of their gas blocks without the set screw?

Comment

• v4lu3s
                          Bloodstained
                          • Nov 2023

Originally posted by v4lu3s View Post
                          I recently built with their 20 inch kit, including the gas block and BCG, then added an Odinworks handguard as well. Only 145 rounds through it so far, but my most recent range time I was shooting 1.5" groups of Hornady Frontier (Every other box of Frontier I have bought in other guns was good for 2-2.5 inch groups). I actually has not even messed with adjusting the gas block yet. I am looking forward to better ammo and creating a handload to get some better accuracy, but I am happy with what I bought especially at the price.
                          Follow up, I cannot get better than 1.5 inch Frontier groups, SST and ELD-M are good for 2-2.5 and i can get handloads to similar groups. I am hoping a different bullet will work better, but I am also trying to contact odin works without any luck. I am not yet ready to buy a new barrel...

Comment

• mulyhuntr
                            Unwashed
                            • Mar 2024

For $77 from sportsmans for an 18" DMR when they were blowing them out recently, I can't complain. Consistently, sub-moa 5 shot groups with 123 eldm and LVR. Hopefully I can dial in a load a bit better. Can't say the same for my .223 wylde barrel from them. It's rather disappointing.
                            Attached Files
                            Last edited by mulyhuntr; 04-03-2024, 06:05 AM.

Comment

Working...
                            X